Tu Haiming Scholarship
The Tu Haiming Scholarship (2016-2020) is named after Mr. Tu Haiming, who donated $1M HKD to the School of International Communication (IC) to encourage and stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship for students registered in IC.
Mr. Tu Haiming bio
Mr. Tu Haiming is a well-known entrepreneur, businessman, social activist and critic based in Shanghai and Hong Kong, and he has a leading role in the overseas Chinese association with high social impact. Among the numerous positions he has held in this capacity are as follows:
- Honorary-Chairman of Hong Kong Federation of Overseas Chinese Association
- Honorary- Director of The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Vice-Chairman of Shanghai Overseas Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary-Chairman of The Hong Kong Overseas Chinese General Association
- Executive Vice-Chairman of China Federation of Overseas Chinese Entrepreneurs
- Vice-Chairman of China Overseas Chinese Entrepreneurs Association
- Vice-Chairman of Shanghai Real Estate Association
- Vice-President of Yan Oi Tong
- Member of the BOD of Fudan University.
- Member of Chinese Association of Hong Kong & Macao Studies
- ‘Si Yuan Guest Professor’ (2016) awarded by the University of Nottingham Ningbo China.
As Director of Shanghai Charity Foundation, Mr. Tu Haiming is committed to philanthropy and charity work as part of his public service, and has actively contributed to efforts during the Sichuan and Yushu earthquakes.
In recognition of his philanthropy work he was awarded the following:
- China charity special contribution award
- Shanghai Charity star
- Inaugural Shanghai municipal government Charity Award
- Shanghai charity special contribution award
As a social activist, Mr Tu Haiming has facilitated peaceful and positive dialogue in the mainstream press between the mainland and Hong Kong aimed at safeguarding Hong Kong’s continued prosperity and stability within the framework of “one country, two systems”. He serves in numerous position
- Director of China Overseas Friendship Association
- Executive Director of China Overseas Exchange Association
- Vice-Chairman of Shanghai Federation of the Returned Overseas Chinese
- Vice-Chairman of Shanghai Huaxia Culture & Economy Promotion Association
- Standing Committee Member of Shanghai Committee of Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference
- Executive Vice-Chairman of Hong Kong Association for Promotion of Peaceful Reunification of China
- Committee Member of Federation of the Returned Overseas Chinese
Tu Haiming Scholarship Award List for Innovatiive Coursework
Tu Haiming Scholarship 2018
Mentari PITER (Indonesia)
"This is my first time receiving a scholarship in a University and it feels surreal, even until now it still feels surreal. I think the structures of the modules in terms of the assessments were very well-organized and the workload was just enough. Thus, I think it is very beneficial for students not just to get good marks but also to learn and enjoy the overall processes of working in groups as well as individually. Not to mention that both the module conveners for MS and CT are very kind and helpful :) Lastly, I would like to thank Mr. Tu Haiming for his contribution to our learning in University of Nottingham Ningbo China."
Tu Haiming Scholarship 2019
Chen Zenan (China)
"It is my great honor of receiving the Tu Haiming Scholarship. I would like to thank the entire scholarship committee and Mr Tu Haiming, the scholarship donator. After a year of studying in the School of International Communications, I can feel that my classmates and tutors are extremely passionate and generous about their knowledge. I received great help from the whole department, and I am thankful for that. In Communication and Technology, we gained the basic knowledge of frontier technologies and how they are related to media and communication. Media and Society is the subject that I found most useful for me. This module provided me essential information and professional skills which will be required in future career. Overall, I am thankful for having this opportunity and grateful for everyone who have helped me."