Makerspace is a collaborative workspace ,located on the second floor, for making, learning, exploring and sharing that uses high tech to no tech tools. These spaces are open to all students and staff, and have a variety of maker equipment for 3D model making, artistic creation, hands-on workshops,etc. It provides hands on learning, helps with critical thinking skills and even boosts self-confidence.
Makerspace is open to all students and staff. Please book in advance:
- Book a making table for yourself/your group - up to 4 hours per slot
- Book the whole space for events (approval required) - 5 days in advance
Rules and notes:
- The equipment and tools in the Makerspace are free to use. Please put the equipment away after use;
- Please don't take the equipment out of the room;
3D printing service
The library provides you with 3D printing service:
Send your 3D file & Request Form to Library@nottingham.edu.cn
* Please send the request at least 5-work-day ahead of your desired printing date;
* The file must be an Object (.obj) or Stereolithography (.stl) file only;
* A printing file can be downloaded on open sources, such as thingiverse.com;
* You are also welcome to create your own design on our computers in Makerspace through the installed 3D modelling programs, such as AutoCAD and Creo.
LRLR will review your request and send you the result. Confirmed request must meet the regulations of 3D Printing Service Guide.
Confirm your appointment within 3-day: pre-pay through the QR code attached and reply the email with the screenshot of transaction. Because the Order No. listed on the transaction will be the ONLY ID No. of your model(s) and for your collection afterwards.
* The price depends on the weight/size of the model(s);
* If you want to cancel or change the printing job, please contact us at 0574-88180000-8717, and send relevant email as well. But once your model(s) has been printed, there’s no cancel, change or refund;
* Any request without confirming would be regarded as invalid.
Library staff will help to print the model(s) and you do not have to come to the Library in person. Afterward, you’ll receive a collecting email. Please collect your model(s) at the Enquiries Desk in the Library within 7 days. Otherwise the model(s) will automatically belong to the Library and the fee is not refundable.
* Printing time depends on the weight/size of your model(s);
* The 3D model(s) may come with small defects because of printing.
* The 3D model(s) may include support structures including bases and pillars. LRLR provides tools to modify the model(s).