The Library has four basic types of membership - Staff and Student, Associate, Alumni and Staff Family.
Staff & Student Membership
All students and members of staff automatically become members of our library when they receive their University Card.
Membership of the library allows you to:
- Ability to study and read in the library
- Access to Library e-resources
- Ability to borrow Library materials
- Access to the Library's interlibrary loan
- Ability to book group study rooms/project rooms
Associate membership is available to members of partner organizations under specified programs or individuals who have a formal association with the University but do not have a staff contract. Application and enquiries about Associate Membership can be made at Security and Safety Office in PB108.
See Associate Membership Library Services for details.
- Application and enquiries about associate membership card should be raised by the university school/department to the SSO.
- Applicant who want to borrow library books should make a payment of 2000RMB as deposit at Enquiries Desk 2F. The deposit is refundable. Successful applicants can borrow up to five books at one time.
- No access to the interlibrary loan services or most electronic resources because of license restrictions.
- Some electronic resources can be accessed through the Walk-in User service.
Alumni of UNNC may join the Library with deposit and annual membership fee. Alumni members can borrow most materials from the Library. They also have access to some Library e-resources, but not interlibrary loan services.
Alumni Library Services
- Application for Alumnus Library Card should be raised or via Library@nottingham.edu.cn.
- Applicant who want to borrow library books should make a payment of 2000RMB as deposit at Enquiries Desk 2F. The deposit is refundable. Successful applicants can borrow up to five books at a time.
- Alumni of the University of Nottingham Ningbo China can become external borrowers for an annual membership fee of RMB300.
- No access to the library’s interlibrary loan services.
- Alumnus can borrow up to 5 books at one time.
Staff Family Membership
Spouse or child above 6 years old of UNNC staff may apply for staff family membership. This membership includes borrowing physical materials, but excludes access to e-resources.
- Apply for and obtain the staff family card from SSO and select library access options .
- Staff family members can book up to 5 books.
Walk-in User service
Information about the walk-in user service which gives members of groups authorised to do so access to a wide range of electronic resources via dedicated walk-in user computers in the library.
How to use the Walk-in user service
1. Register by agreeing to the Walk-in User Code of Practice (PDF )
2. Visit a Walk-in User library
3. Agree to our Walk-in User Code of Practice
4.Bring along your identification
! Acceptable forms of identification
- a University of Nottingham Ningbo China Associate Library card
- an identification card, passport or driving license
Check which resources are available through the service, before you visit, by visiting the Walk-in User resources pages
Save results to a USB memory stick (it is possible to save e-book to a memory stick). We cannot provide access to email or software e g, Microsoft office, internet or printers
Ask library staff if you need help or e-mail Library@nottingham.edu.cn
Please note: we are unable to list the individual e-Journal and e-book titles available through the service.