Supervisor: Simon Appleton, Xuyan Lou, Oliver Morrissey
- Development Economics (poverty and inequality; education; policy evaluation; livelihood diversification; economic growth)
- Health Economics (healthcare financing; public health; health services research)
- Ampaw, S., Nketiah-Amponsah, E., Agyire-Tettey, F. and Senadza, B. (2020), Distributional analysis of rural-urban household healthcare expenditure differentials in developing countries: evidence from Ghana, International Journal of Development Issues, 19(3), 359-375.
- Asante, K.O., Nketiah-Amponsah, E., Andoh-Arthur, J., & Ampaw, S. (2020). The interactive effect of gender, residence, and socioeconomic status on early sexual debut among sexually active young adults in Ghana, Journal of Public Health, 1-8.
- Ampaw, S., Nketiah-Amponsah, E., Owoo, S. N., and Senadza, B. (2019). Nonfarm Enterprise Participation and Healthcare Expenditure among Farm Households in Rural Ghana, International Journal of Social Economics, 46(1), 18-30.
- Nketiah-Amponsah, E., Alhassan, R.B., Ampaw, S., & Abuosi, A., (2019), Subscribers’ perception of quality of services provided by Ghana’s National Health Insurance Scheme- What are the correlates? BMC Health Services Research, 19(1), 196.
- Ampaw, S., Nketiah-Amponsah, E., and Owoo, N. (2018). Gender Perspective on Life Insurance Demand in Ghana, International Journal of Social Economics, 45(12):1631-1646.
- Nketiah-Amponsah, E., Afful, G., & Ampaw, S. (2018). Determinants of Cigarette Consumption and Smoking Intensity among Adult Males in Ghana”, BMC Public Health, 18 (1), 941.
- Ampaw, S., Nketiah-Amponsah, E., and Senadza, B. (2017). Urban Farm Nonfarm Diversification, Household Income and Food Expenditure in Ghana, Studies in Business and Economics, 12(2), 6-19. (Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences)
- 2020: Ningbo Government Scholarship for International PhD Students.
- 2020: Most Innovative Presenter Award (Parallel Session 2, Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, FHSS), UNNC 6th Postgraduate Research Conference.
- 2020: Vanguard of Volunteering Service Award, UNNC (In appreciation of contribution towards the COVID-19 prevention and control on campus)
- 2019-20: FHSS Best Postgraduate Research Student Published Paper Award, UNNC.
- UNNC Faculty Scholarship for Postgraduate Research Studies.
- Nov. 20, 2020: UNNC 6th Postgraduate Research Conference, China.
- Sept. 18, 2020: School of Economics PhD Presentation Conference, UNNC, China.
- Nov. 28, 2018: Center of Health Economics Seminar, UNNC, China.
- May 8, 2018–May 20, 2018: 2nd International Conference: Financing Social Policy in the 21st Century, Centre for Social Policy Studies International Conference, University of Ghana, Legon.
- July 18, 2017– July 20, 2017: College of Humanities 3rd International Research Conference, University of Ghana, Legon.
Supervisor: Hsieh Chee Ruey, Chen Zhuo, Hubbard Richard, Chew Lian Chua
Research Interest: Health Economics
Cheng HG, Deng F, Xiong W, Phillips MR. Prevalence of alcohol use disorders in mainland China: a systematic review. Addiction. 2015; 110(5): 761-74. doi: 10.1111/add.12876.
Cheng HG, Shidhaye R, Charlson F, Deng F, Lyngdoh T, Chen S, Nanda S, Lacroix K, Baxter A, Whiteford H.Social correlates of mental, neurological, and substance use disorders in China and India: a review. Lancet Psychiatry. 2016; 3 (9):882-99. doi: 10.1016/S2215-0366(16)30166-3. Epub 2016 Aug 12
Comparison of social cognition using the Reading Mind in the Eyes Test in drug-naive and regularly treated individuals with chronic psychosis and healthy controls in rural China
Suicide among the elderly in the WHO Western Pacific Region. The 7th Asia Pacific Regional Conference. May 2016. Tokyo