To promote e-reading at the university, the Kindle Loan Service is introduced by The Library. There are three types of Kindle devices available for loan at library enquiries desk.
• 6 Kindles (Paperwhite) pre-loaded with 6 different categories of 300 e-books (Chinese and English).
• 10 Kindles (Paperwhite) subscribed to Kindle unlimited.
• 15 Kindles (Oasis) subscribed to Kindle unlimited.
• You must be one of the university staff and student members with a valid University Card
• You will be fined if Kindle devices are returned late
• Kindles can only be returned at library enquiry desk
• You will be charged for any loss or damage to kindle devices. The fine is equivalent to the actual replacement cost plus a processing fee and any outstanding overdue fines
• You are not allowed to download and delete any titles on Kindle devices
• 1 kindle per person at a time
• 7 days as standard loan period
• Auto-renewed every day until it reaches 2 months if there is no request
• 10RMB/ day for overdue fine
• You are welcome to recommend Kindle eBooks on Amazon China exclusively