Please submit scanned copies of the required documents to PGR@nottingham.edu.cn with one email in the following order (e.g. 1. PGR application form)
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal (For Ed.D applicants, one academic writing is required instead of research proposal).
- Degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies with English translation.
- Graduation diplomas are also required for applicants graduating from Chinese universities.
- English translation has to be verified by the attended universities with their official stamps (on university headed paper, preferably).
- The “online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate” in English obtained from China Higher Education Student Information (CHSI中国高等教育学生信息网) can be provided as an alternative of the English translation if a degree was gained from a Chinese university.
- Chinese applicants who obtained a degree abroad or in Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macao, please also provide the certification obtained from the Chinese Service Centre for Scholarly Exchange (教育部留学服务中心).
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies and their English translation. A provisional transcript can be provided if you are still taking some modules but a final transcript has to be submitted when it is available. (Only official transcripts with university stamp can be accepted.)
- Two references must be emailed to PGR@nottingham.edu.cn directly by the referees and it’s the applicant’s responsibility to notify referees in advance.
- English Language test score report (IELTS/PTE academic etc.) if applicable (not required for native English speakers).
- A copy of passport (international applicants) or ID card (Chinese nationals, both sides of Chinese ID cards required).
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application.
- A brief CV.
- A Personal Statement (Required by Faculty of Business and some strategic scholarships. Please refer to relevant websites for details.).
- A copy of your Masters’ dissertation, or a published paper or conference paper, or a sample of your writing work (Only applied to applications to School of International Studies) .
- Any supporting documents to demonstrate the research potential, if applicable, e.g. published papers, conference papers, patents, etc.
An application missing any of the above required documents (except for English language score) is regarded incomplete and will not be considered.
Documents submitted in any language other than English (except from prospects with a Chinese national ID or certification provided by the Chinese Service Centre for Scholarly Exchange) must be accompanied by an English translation.
You should be prepared to provide original documents or original certified copies of supporting documents at registration and upon request at any time. Failure to do so may result in your candidacy being rejected.
Please quote the scholarship reference number in your application form if you are applying for any UNNC scholarship.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please refer to frequently asked questions. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please email PGR@nottingham.edu.cn.