How to Apply
We welcome top quality applications all year round. You are encouraged to apply for March, June or December but preferably September intake for induction purposes. To ensure you will be able to register on your intended date, please submit your application at least 2 months in advance. Students applying for the Faculty of Business, please click here
2018 Application Deadlines and Registration Dates
| || Application Deadlines|| Registration Dates|
| Mar Entry
|| 15 Jan 2018
|| 15 Mar 2018
| Jun Entry
|| 15 Apr 2018
|| 15 Jun 2018
| Sep Entry
|| 15 Jul 2018
|| 15 Sep 2018
| Dec Entry
|| 14 Oct 2018
|| 14 Dec 2018
Step 1: Application Preparation
Applicants are strongly advised to prepare a detailed research proposal. You are encourage to work and refine your proposal with the potential UNNC supervisor, who are listed on the website of each department/school. Your research proposal will also be used in assessing your application.
Step 2: Submit an Application
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions@nottingham.edu.cn
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies with English translation (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- Two references must be emailed to PHDAdmissions@nottingham.edu.cn directly by the referees
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- A research proposal (For Ed.D application, one academic writing is required instead of research proposal)
- A copy of passport (international applicants) or ID card (Chinese nationals, both sides of Chinese ID cards required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application
- A brief CV (required for Ed.D applicants only)
- A Personal Statement (required for Faculty of Business applicants only)
- A copy of your Masters’ dissertation, or a published paper or conference paper, or a sample of your writing work (for applicants to the School of International Studies only)
All documents must be in English except the copy of Chinese national ID. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of these document (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
Please quote the scholarship reference number in your application form if you are applying for any UNNC scholarship.
Step 3: After Application Submission
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after receiving the application
- Graduate School checks if the basic entry requirements are met and the application is complete.
- Relevant academic departments/schools assess applications and make decisions.
- Graduate School will email you about your application result. If you have applied for a UNNC scholarship, the result will be included.
- It normally takes at least 5-6 weeks for us to reach a decision after we receive your full application.
Step 4: Admission and Registration
- Faculty of Business (FoB) have different requirements, please check FoB website for details.
- Graduate School will email you about registration information before the start date.
- Registration in person is required on the start date.
- A compulsory induction programme will follow the registration.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Address: Trent Building Room 341, 199 Taikang East Road, Ningbo 315100 China
Tel: +86 (0)574 8818 1063