Overseas resit examination arrangements
Under what circumstances can I take my resit examinations overseas?
Overseas exam arrangements are only made for students who are normally resident overseas and have external resits. This also applies to Undergraduate No Award students (Exchange or Study Abroad Programme)
Please note: Overseas exam arrangements will not be made for students who are on holiday or temporarily overseas during the published examination periods.
The dates of the resit examinations for the 2019/20 academic year are:
- Resit examination for Year 1: Monday 17 - Saturday 22 August 2020 inclusive
- Resit examination for Year 2/3/4/Master: Monday 17 - Saturday 29 August 2020 inclusive
How much does it cost to take resit examinations overseas?
There is an administrative charge for taking examinations overseas of RMB 300.00 for each examination period, no matter how many individual exams are taken in that period. You will also be responsible for paying any local charges and/or costs directly to the administering organisation that making the local exam arrangements.
What to do if you want to take resit examinations overseas
Step 1 - Check if your module(s) can or cannot be taken overseas.
You can only take the resit exam(s) overseas if your modules are allowed to do so. Please contact your School/Department for approval, you must have permission for each module you wish to take. If you have any enquiries, you can contact your faculty/School or firstname.lastname@example.org:
Step 2 - Contact an overseas institution to facilitate your exam(s)
The list of approved overseas institutions is for you to choose to sit your exam(s). Please contact an overseas institution to facilitate your exam(s), send the support confirmation e-mail from the overseas institution you choose to email@example.com.
Step 3 - Complete the application form and pay the fee
- Please fill out the Overseas Exam Application Form after you get the confirmation from the overseas institution you choose.
- Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by mid of July 2020 - To be confirmed (16:00 China time). Late Applications will not be accepted.
- Pay the relevant fees (RMB 300) to the University, payment details are indicated in the application form. Please send the scan copy of your receipt to email@example.com.
What happens after you submit your application?
- The Exams Office will contact your School/Department and overseas institution to make arrangements for your exam(s).
- Once the exam timetable is available, we will keep you updated and send your exam timetable to your chosen institution, ask them to inform you the exam arrangement details, including exam location.
- Before your first exam you must contact your chosen institution to confirm all final arrangements (e.g. exam time/date/location) and pay any local charges and/or costs directly to your chosen institution.
- Take your University ID card with you to your exam(s).
Cancelling your overseas exam arrangements
If you decide to return to University of Nottingham Ningbo China to sit your exam(s), you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your arrangements no later than Monday 3 August 2020 (16:00 China time).