Application & Assessment
The applicant is strongly suggested to have the research proposal well written, and discuss it with the potential supervisor, who you can find on the website of each division/school, to find out whether the university has the expertise to support your proposed area of PhD study. It will also be used in assessing the overall quality of your application.
After the UNNC supervisor shows interest and agrees to be the supervisor, or even you receive no reply from the supervisor, just forward ALL the following documents:
- Application Form
- A research proposal
- Degree certificate copies for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate study ( Xueli certificates required for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts showing marks for both UG and PG study (only English version accepted, with the university’s stamp on)
- two references in signed and sealed envelopes; (alternatively referees can directly email to: PHDAdmissions@nottingham.edu.cn)
- English Proficiency test report
- four passport sized colour photographs (or an E-copy)
- a copy of passport (for Chinese only ID copy accepted)
- for applications with School of International Studies, a copy of Master's dissertation or papers published, a conference paper or some works you’ve written, is required
*all documents should be in English only
*hard copies can be mailed; alternatively, all documents can be scanned into PDF file and get emailed
- a confirmation email will be sent to you after receiving the full application
- Recruitment & Admissions Office (RAO) checks if the entry requirement is met and forwards to related division/school to find the UNNC supervisor
- With or without the help from Head of the division/school, UNNC supervisor to find the UNUK supervisor, who can be a UNUK secondee to UNNC
- UNNC supervisor applies for the scholarship for the applicant, if the applicant applies for a scholarship and is qualified for one.
- With the above information finalized, RAO has the offer pack mailed to the applicant
- For international students, RAO applies for the JW202 Form from the local government, which takes 2 weeks, and if approved, the student can take it to apply for a visa to China
- After the offer pack is received, Ms Theresa Zhang from Graduate School, Theresa.email@example.com will take care of all PhD students, and send her the acceptance slip, accommodation application form, etc.
- Show up on the registration
- PhD Induction Week starts
There is no deadline for receiving applications; however, the registrations for 2016/2017 academic year are 8 September 2016 and 10 May 2017.
Admissions & Career Development Office
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Add: AB224, 199 Taikang East Road
Ningbo 315100 China
Tel: +86 (0)574 8818 1063
Fax: +86 (0)574 8822 2483