University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Study with us
  • Intranet

Minimum Age Requirement 

An applicant should be at least 18 years of age on admission to the University. For the purposes of this regulation the date of "admission" is defined as the first day of September in the relevant academic year. This requirement may be waived for applicants who will be less than 18 years of age on admission, on an individual basis, provided that their parents or guardians have given their written agreement in advance to additional safeguards and requirements. These include acknowledging that the University will not act in "loco parentis."

The following outlines the University procedures for handling applications from candidates who will be under 18 years of age at the start of their course.

1. A signed and completed Consent Form for International Students Under the Age of 18 from applicants who are under 18 years of age at the start of their chosen course will be highlighted on the applications sent to admissions decision makers.

2. If a student meets entry requirement, s/he will receive an offer. S/he should then get the Guardianship Letter/Guardianship Letter (PDF)notarized at the local Chinese Embassy. Once notarised, please send the scanned copy to For detailed information, please refer to the consent form.

3. The original hard copy of the Consent Form and the Notarised Guardianship Letter must be presented at Registration, otherwise you will not be registered.

Please read the Policy for Students Under the Age of 18 Years and Responsibilities of a Guardian before completing this form.

* China international undergraduate admissions only.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs):

   Q1. What is the criteria of guardian for international students?

Where a student is from overseas and their parents remain abroad, UNNC requires details of a guardian for the child, who should be living in China preferably in or near to Ningbo, and who will be accessible to the child and to the UNNC should the need arise.

   Q2. Who should find the guardian?

It should normally be the parents. Agent may be consulted if they offer such service.

   Q3. If the parents cannot find a guardian, what will happen?

The university won’t be able to issue an offer letter based on local government requirement.