- What are the entry requirements?
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is home to students from over 70 countries and regions worldwide. We look at both academic and English language proficiency of applicants. Check HERE to find the entry requirements for your country. If your country is not listed, please email us at email@example.com.
- How do I apply?
Please check HERE for the list of required application documents and procedure. Application to the University of Nottingham Ningbo China can be made before you have completed your study. You may use the transcripts to date to apply and the university will be able to assess your application based on information available at the time of application. If you haven’t finished your study yet, a conditional offer may be issued pending your final grades/degree. Once ready, please submit your application on our Online Application System. Email or post applications are not accepted.
- What’s the application fee?
For 2021/2022, the application fee is 200 RMB. We advise you to pay the application fee via bank transfer/telegraphic transfer (TT). Here are the University bank account details for students to pay fees. Please arrange payments into the account below:
- NAME: UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA (宁波诺丁汉大学)
- ACCOUNT: 376658330575
- RECEIVING BANK: BANK OF CHINA NINGBO BRANCH (中国银行宁波市分行)
- SWIFT CODE: BKCHCNBJ92A
- BANK ADDRESS: 255 DINGTAI ROAD NINGBO CHINA (中国宁波鼎泰路255号)
- What’s the deadline for course applications? Can I apply after the deadline?
For 2021 September entry, the application deadline is by 31st May 2021. For late applications, please first check the position availability with Global Engagement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will I know the outcome of my application?
Usually a completed application will be assessed by the Admissions and Career Development Office within approximately 14 working days. Notification e-mails will be sent to the e-mail address you registered with, you may also check out your application status in the online application system.
- How to pay the deposit?
Only the scholarship winners/ unconditional offer holders are eligible to pay the deposit to secure the position. We suggest that you make the payment in RMB if you are inside China. Details will be included in the offer letter.
- I've got a conditional offer from the University to start in September. Is it possible to defer the offer until September next year?
Deferral is available to unconditional offer holders only. Conditional offer holders have to re-submit the application for the next intake.
- I’ve got an unconditional offer from the University to start in September. Is it possible to defer the offer until September next year?
Unconditional offer holders who have paid the deposit can defer the offer to the next intake.
- What’s the English Test requirement?
If English isn't your first language, you will need to submit the relevant English language proficiency test report and meet the requirements. We accept IELTS, TOEFL (iBT), PTE and alternative equivalencies.
- For the English requirement for undergraduate programmes, please check HERE
- For the English requirement for master programmes, please check HERE
If you require additional support of the language requirement, please contact Global Engagement Office at email@example.com.
- What’s the deadline for the English language test result submission?
The deadline for the English language test submission is mid-July for 2021 intake.
- If I am under 18, can I apply? What’s the procedure?
A signed and completed Consent Form for International Students Under the Age of 18 from applicants who are under 18 years of age at the start of their chosen course will be highlighted on the applications sent to admissions decision makers. Please check HERE for the guides.
- What are the criteria of guardianship for international students under 18? Who should find the guardian?
Where a student is from overseas and their parents remain abroad, UNNC requires details of a guardian for the child, who should be living in China, preferably in or near to Ningbo; and who will be accessible to the child and to UNNC should the need arise. It should normally be the parents who find the guardian. Agents may be consulted if they offer such service.
- What will happen if the parents cannot find a guardian?
The university won’t be able to issue an offer letter, due to local government requirements.
- Are scholarships available at University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC)? How do I apply?
We offer entry-based scholarships to award exceptional degree programme applicants. Check HERE for the scholarship list and application procedure for international students.
- What’s the deadline? Can I apply for the scholarships after the deadline?
The selection of scholarship winners will depend on the type of scholarships. Check HERE for the scholarship list and further details.
- How many scholarships can I apply for? Can the scholarships be combined?
Students are welcome to apply for various entry-based scholarships. Please note that the scholarships cannot be combined. For students who have been considered for two awards, the highest amount successfully awarded will be granted by default.
- What does the full scholarship include?
Nottingham Global Full scholarship equates to RMB 110,000 per student, which is equivalent to 100% of the first year tuition fee.
- How to secure the scholarships?
A deposit of 10,000 RMB must be paid before the deadline indicated in the scholarship offer letter.
- I’ve got an unconditional offer and scholarship offer. How much deposit should I pay?
A deposit of 10,000 RMB needs to be paid before the closest deadline mentioned in the offer letter.
- Is it possible to defer the scholarship offer until next entry?
Scholarship offers cannot be deferred to the next intake.