- What are the entry requirements?
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is home to students from over 70 countries and regions worldwide. We look at both academic and English language proficiency of applicants. Check HERE to find the entry requirements of your country. If your country is not listed, please email us on email@example.com.
- How do I apply?
Please check HERE for the list of requested application documents and procedure. Application to the University of Nottingham Ningbo China can be made before you have completed your study. You may use the transcripts till now to apply for and the university will be able to assess based on what’s available. If you haven’t finished your study yet, a conditional offer may be issued pending on your final grades/degree. Once ready, you may attach the e-copies of your documents and send as e-mail attachments to the Admissions and Career Development Office at International_admissions@nottingham.edu.cn.
- What’s the deadline for course applications? Can I apply after the deadline?
For 2020 September entry, the application deadline is by 31st May 2020. Any late applications, please first check the position availability with Global Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When will I know the outcome of my application?
Usually a complete application will be assessed by the Admissions and Career Development Office within approximately 14 working days. Notification e-mails will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the application form.
- How to pay the deposit?
Only the scholarship winners/ unconditional offer holders are eligible to pay the deposit to secure the position. We suggest that you make the payment in RMB if you are inside China. Details will be included in the offer letter.
- I've got a conditional offer from the University to start in September. Is it possible to defer the offer until September next year?
Conditional offer cannot be deferred to the next intake. Applicants have to re-submit the application pack to the Admissions and Career Development Office at International_admissions@nottingham.edu.cn.
- I’ve got an unconditional offer from the University to start in September. Is it possible to defer the offer until September next year?
Unconditional offer holders who paid the deposit can defer the offer to the next intake.
- What’s the English Test requirement?
If English isn't your first language, you will need to submit the relevant English language proficiency test report and meet the requirement. Accept IELTS, TOEFL (iBT), PTE and alternative equivalencies.
For the English requirement for undergraduate programmes, please check HERE
For the English requirement for master programmes, please check HERE
If you require additional support of the language requirement, please contact Global Recruitment Office at email@example.com.
- What’s the deadline for the English language test result submission?
The deadline for the English language test submission is mid-July for 2020 intake.
For late submission, please contact Admissions and Career Development Office at International_admissions@nottingham.edu.cn.
- If I am under 18, can I apply? What’s the procedure?
A signed and completed Consent Form for International Students Under the Age of 18 from applicants who are under 18 years of age at the start of their chosen course will be highlighted on the applications sent to admissions decision makers. Please check HERE for the guides.
- What are the criteria of guardian for international students under 18? Who should find the guardian?
Where a student is from overseas and their parents remain abroad, UNNC requires details of a guardian for the child, who should be living in China preferably in or near to Ningbo, and who will be accessible to the child and to the UNNC should the need arise. It should normally be the parents to find the guardian. Agent may be consulted if they offer such service.
- What will happen if the parents cannot find a guardian?
The university won’t be able to issue an offer letter based on local government requirement.
- Are scholarships available at University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC)? How do I apply?
We offer entry-based scholarships to award exceptional degree programme applicants. Check HERE for the scholarship list and application procedure for international students.
- What’s the deadline? Can I apply for the scholarships after the deadline?
The scholarship application will not be accepted after the deadline.
- How many scholarships can I apply?
You can apply for various scholarships after/together with the course application.
- Can the scholarships be combined?
The scholarships cannot be combined, and each qualified applicant can only get one scholarship.
- What the full scholarship includes?
Nottingham Global Full scholarship worthies RMB 110,000 per student, which is equivalent to 100% first year tuition fee.
- How to secure the scholarships?
Deposit of 10,000 RMB shall be paid before the deadline indicated in the scholarship offer letter.
- I’ve got an unconditional offer and scholarship offer. How much deposit should I pay?
Deposit of 10,000 RMB needs to be paid before the closest deadline mentioned in the offer letter.
- Is it possible to defer the scholarship offer until next entry?
Scholarship offer cannot be deferred to the next intake.