Teaching Fellow in Architectural Design, Career & Industrial Engagement Officer
Architecture and Built Environment / Faculty of Science and Engineering
Room431, Sir Peter Mansfield Building
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
199 Taikang East Road, Ningbo, 315100, China
+86 (0) 574 8818 0000 (ext 8448)
- Sedrez M, Gill A & Wang X, et al. 2021. Enhancing architecture students’ engagement through gamification. In: ICOIE International Conference on Open and Innovative Education, Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Sedrez M & Gill A. 2021. Greenicity: a creative sustainable design game. In: 1st Teaching and Learning Symposium, University of Nottingham Ningbo China, Ningbo.
- Chen G, Lu J & Sedrez M. 2021. Human behaviour and the stochastic movable shading model in office buildings In: ABE Symposium Smart Buildings and Technologies for Sustainable Cities in China, University of Nottingham Ningbo China, Ningbo.
- Sedrez M, Y Wang & X Xie. 2020. Exploring parametric design of daily wearables to increase resilience to COVID-19. In: 1st CCBDT Chinese Conference Bio-inspired Design and Technology, Dalian Polytechnic University, China.
- Cheshmehzangi A, F Chan, M Sedrez, S P Arkadani, J Sun, & L Li. 2020. The Nexus between Sponge City and Stormwater Management: a comprehensive scenario-based analysis in Ningbo, China. In: Disruption vs Integration: Pathways to Urban Transformations, University of Nottingham Ningbo China, Ningbo
- Sedrez M & J Martino. 2019. Amor SP: Understanding socio-spatial emotions of urban poor in São Paulo. In: 37th eCAADe + 23rd SIGraDI, Architecture in the Age of the 4th Industrial Revolution, University of Porto, Porto.
- Sedrez M. 2018. Complex or complications? Fractal geometry in architecture and urban design. In: Nexus 2018: Relationships between architecture and mathematics, Pisa. Kim Williams Books, pp. 317-320.
- Neumann D, VM Carlow, O Mumm & M Sedrez. 2018. TOPOI: a new approach towards sustainable development scenarios of Lower Saxony’s Metapolis based on dynamically generated urban settlement types. In Stadt der Zukunft Research Insights #1, TU Braunschweig, Braunschweig.
- Sedrez M & J Martino. 2018. The future of architects' digital records: how to preserve algorithmic design?. In: SIGRADI, São Paulo.
- Carlow VM, M Sedrez & D Neumann. 2017. Exo Village, Peri Urb and Metatown: TOPOI of settlements types in the METAPOLIS. In: European Rural Geographies Conference, New rural geographies in Europe: actors, processes, policies. Braunschweig: Thünen Institute, v.1, pp. 24-25.
- Mendes L, C Griz & M Sedrez. 2015. The use of 3D digitization in experiences of digital documenting historical heritage: the case of Lisbon’s Metropolitano Social Headquartes. In: SIGRADI, Florianópolis, vol. 2, n. 3, pp. 776-779.
Talks and other invitations:
2022 Invited workshop lecturer Virtual Reality, Second UNNC Architecture Week, Ningbo, China.
2022 Unit 1 selected to the 13th International Architecture Biennale of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
2021 Unit 1 selected on the International Design Week of Hebei, Hebei, China.
2021 Guest Jury TopSchools International Pre-school Summit, Best Kindergarten Environment Design Award Competition.
2021 Guest Critic École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Urban Design Studio.
2021 Guest Critic Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Architectural Design Studio.
2021 Invited workshop lecturer Parametric Design, First UNNC Architecture Week, Ningbo, China.
2021 Invited Speaker at RIBA City Room Opening, RIBA Shanghai, China.
2020-2021 Guest Jury Bridge Competition UNNC SESA/RIBA.
2018 Invited Speaker at III Seminar Architecture and Mathematics, University Lusíadas, Lisbon, Portugal.
2018 Selected Talent at Unleash Innovation Lab, NU Singapore, Singapore.
2017 Invited Speaker at Learning From…, TU Braunschweig, Germany.
2017 Invited Speaker at Sustainability Transformation, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany.
Funded projects / Research grants
Parametrizing Traditional Architecture, NRG Grant, PI.
Greenicity: a creative sustainable design game, FOSE Teaching and Learning Grant, PI
Spatial Form Research on the North Block and Surrounding Area of Wulin High School, Xikou Town, Ningbo Natural Resources and Planning Bureau, Co-I