|Yang Fujia Research Talent Development Scholarship
|Length of Scholarship
|Up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
- Nottingham University Business School China
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
|19 February 2024
|31 October 2023 China Standard Time (CST)
The available PhD scholarship cover
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PhD Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out teaching (after the completion of Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC since second year of their PhD programmes.
Available PhD research areas
The Yang Fujia Research Talent Development Scholarship is a prestigious program initiated by the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) to pay tribute to the remarkable contributions of President Yang Fujia, an esteemed educator and academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Having served as the former president of Fudan University and UNNC, President Yang is recognized for his unwavering commitment to promoting the ideals of liberal arts education and advancing higher education and talent cultivation in China. The scholarship, generously funded by a donation from Hybribio, aims to uphold President Yang's educational principles and propel the development of higher education in the country.
Please check the research programmes page for more information about research areas and potential supervisors.
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and a 1 year thesis pending period for full time PhDs. Full time PhDs are expected to submit their theses within a maximum of four years from initial registration.
On successful completion of the PhD, the students will be awarded a PhD degree from University of Nottingham. No reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree is accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the UK Quality Assurance Agency.
Applicants must have a master degree with minimum average score of 65% and degree classification Merit or above from a British university. Applicants also should hold a bachelor degree at upper second class or above level. Applicants from institutions where different score system is used must have achieved an equivalent level of performance to the above.
- Nottingham University Business School China also considers bachelor degree only holders who have a first-class honours from one of Nottingham campuses and have a very strong passion for research in a particular area.
- Faculty of Science and Engineering also considers bachelor degree only holders with first class honours from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area. IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
More details can be found on the 'entry requirements' page of the website.
How to apply
As part of the application process for the Yang Fujia Research Talent Development Scholarship, we kindly encourage applicants to submit a personal statement. This statement is optional choice and will be recorded as a reference in our selection process, it allows you to express your motivations, aspirations, and suitability for this prestigious scholarship. Given that this scholarship is named after President Yang Fujia, a distinguished educator and academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, it is imperative that our scholarship recipients not only demonstrate exceptional academic and research potential but also possess a deep understanding and appreciation of President Yang's educational philosophy.
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you select the correct scholarship reference number in the PhD application system. A list of required documents can be found on the 'how to apply' page.