wellbeing 1920jpg

The University has a range of services to support your health and wellbeing throughout your studies. We are here to help you maintain a balanced and healthy life style during your life at the University.


Counselling service


The University Counselling Service is here to support you by providing professional and confidential counselling for any personal, emotional or mental health problems you may have during your time at the university. The service is free and available to all registered students and staff of the University.  We provide counselling in both English and Chinese (Mandarin).

Learn more about Counselling Service


Mental health advisory service



The Mental Health Advisory (MHA) Service as a part of Department of Campus Life (DCL) specifically provides bilingual professional services, including crisis intervention, individual mental health support, group mental health support, referral to psychiatrists on a referral only basis, for students who have significant mental health problems. You will be able to be in touch with the MHA Service via your student support advisor.

Learn more about mental health advisory



The University Clinic provide primary healthcare services to all students and staff members. A doctor and an English-speaking nurse are on site daily. All our medical staff members are well trained and have valid medical qualifications. 

Contact us

  • Tel 8818-0120 (x8120), 15168185997 24/7
  • Email UNNC.clinic@nottingham.edu.cn
  • First floor, Building 23, open from 8:30am to 22:30pm daily
  • Walk-in appointments will be available but you may have to wait.
Learn more about Clinic services


girl walking v

Personal tutorials

paolo 600

Personal tutors are academic members of staff and they are there to help students develop and maintain their wellbeing, support their academic and personal development, help them understand University practices and standards, enhance their employability, help them build a sense of community and refer them to the appropriate support services.

Every student in our University will have a personal tutor assigned to him or her.

We have created a guide which contains information about the personal tutorial system. Your school or department may also provide you with a supplement to this guide detailing particular arrangements or additional requirements concerning the personal tutorial system.


Student Support Advisors

Student Support Advisors

Student Support Advisors from Department of Campus Life (DCL) provide practical advice, help and support on a wide range of issues for students by working alongside with other university support services. We encourage a healthy approach to students' studies and university life.

Learn more about Student Support Advisors

Disability support service

The University is here to help you if you have a disability, mental health difficulty, long-term medical condition, autistic spectrum condition, or a specific learning difference such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and ADHD. 

We aim to create an inclusive and equitable teaching and learning environment to benefit all our students. Our specialist service provides student-led support to enable disabled students to flourish as independent learners. 

Contact information

Learn more about Disability Support

trent vertical