Career and employability
Our graduates leave with a University of Nottingham degree that is recognised and valued by employers and universities all over the world.
We find the graduates of the University of Nottingham Ningbo China overall high quality talents, with solid academic background and real-world experiences. In addition, they see things with a global perspective and have very good English language skills.
We are a world top 30 choice for employers according to the QS World University Rankings 2013/14, and our graduates have found jobs with prominent Chinese employers, as well as leading global companies.
For undergraduate class of 2019, 26.1% of students who chose to go on further study went to QS World top 10 universities; 80.6% went to world’s top 100 universities.*
- 96.5% of undergraduate students were in employment or further study six months after graduation*
- 97.6% of Masters students were in employment or further study six months after graduation*
- 100% of PhD students were in employment or further study six months after graduation*
* Known destinations of full-time home undergraduates/postgraduates who were available for work, 2018/19.
We can help you get ahead.
Check the series of career services we provide.
- Take part in the Nottingham Advantage Award - a free programme focusing on skills, employability and personal development.
- Complete internships outside of university. The international companies where our students have had internships include IBM, Microsoft, Siemens and Ogilvy.
- Seek out tailor made career advice and free CV review services.
- Build up your life-long connections in China and beyond through your classmates, lecturers, as well as alumni.
- For international students, you can learn Mandarin Chinese, through free, optional classes.