||Doctoral Training Partnership Scholarships at UNNC and SIMM, CAS
|Length of Scholarship
||Up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
||Faculty of Science and Engineering
||13 February 2023
||15 October 2022 China Standard Time (CST)
The available PhD scholarship cover
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PhD Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out teaching (after the completion of Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC since second year of their PhD programmes.
Available PhD topics
- AI Enabled Drug Discovery of Anti-cancer Drugs
- Application of Graphene in quality control and production of Liver Organoids
- Design and application of graphene coupled antibody detection kit
- DNA Encoded Library(DEL) Enabled Drug Discovery of Anti-cancer Drugs
- Drug Discovery of Anti-cancer Drugs
- Intelligent drug delivery system and cancer immunotherapy
- New drug development targeting brain tissue against stroke
- Structure of nano-particles and space distribution in cells and tissues of inflammatory bowel disease visualized by synchrotron radiation micro-computed tomography and fluorescence micro-optical sectioning tomography
- The morphology effect of Nano- and microspheres encapsulations on inhaled drug delivery and the application for lung disease therapy
- Single cell glycan analysis combined with droplet microfluidics
For details of the topics, please click 'Research areas and potential supervisors'.
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and a 1 year thesis pending period for full time PhDs. Full time PhDs are expected to submit their theses within a maximum of four years from initial registration.
PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences (SIMM, CAS) and University of Nottingham UK (UNUK). The time for each student to spend in UNNC and SIMM must be equal, i.e. 18 months of the 36 months.
On successful completion of the PhD, the students will be awarded a PhD degree from University of Nottingham. No reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree is accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the UK Quality Assurance Agency.
Applicants considering to apply for PhD Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of a PhD programme first. More details can be found on the 'entry requirements' page of the website.
Applicants must have a master degree with minimum average score of 65% and degree classification Merit or above from a British university. Applicants also should hold a bachelor degree at upper second class or above level. Applicants from institutions where different score system is used must have achieved an equivalent level of performance to the above.
Faculty of Science and Engineering also considers bachelor degree only holders with first class honours from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area.
IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
How to apply
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you select the correct scholarship reference number in the PhD application system. A list of required documents can be found on the 'how to apply' page.