||Doctoral Training Partnership Scholarships at UNNC and IUE, CAS
|Length of Scholarship
||Up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
||10 September 2022
||15 April 2022 China Standard Time (CST)
The available PhD scholarship cover
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- Medical insurance with designated providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PhD Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out teaching (after the completion of Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC since second year of their PhD programmes.
Available PhD topics
- Anthropogenic cycles, trade, and sustainable management of materials
- Efficient degradation of pollutants through microbial electrochemistry
- High resolution and accuracy air pollution mapping using multi-source data
- Microfluidic fabrication of functional microparticles for removing heavy metal ions from waste water
- One-Health for Antimicrobials and Resistance in the Environment
- Remediation technology of contaminated soil with heavy metals
- Research on the pathway of carbon peak carbon neutrality for building sector
- Response of soil systems to urban development in a changing environment
- Turning mine tailings into sustainable cementitious materials
- Urban emerging contaminants and river ecosystem health
- Urban Green Infrastructures for human health: Issues, Implications, and Optimal Solutions
- Watershed flood events and urban green infrastructures
For details of the topics, please click "Research areas and potential supervisors".
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and a 1 year thesis pending period for full time PhDs. Full time PhDs are expected to submit their theses within a maximum of four years from initial registration.
PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IUE, CAS) and University of Nottingham UK (UNUK).
On successful completion of the PhD, the students will be awarded a PhD degree from University of Nottingham. No reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree is accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the UK Quality Assurance Agency.
Applicants considering to apply for PhD Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of a PhD programme first. More details can be found on the 'entry requirements' page of the website.
Applicants must have a master degree with minimum average score of 65% and degree classification Merit or above from a British university. Applicants also should hold a bachelor degree at upper second class or above level. Applicants from institutions where different score system is used must have achieved an equivalent level of performance to the above.
Faculty of Business also considers bachelor degree only holders who have a first class honours from one of Nottingham campuses and have a very strong passion for research in a particular area.
Faculty of Science and Engineering also considers bachelor degree only holders with first class honours from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area.
IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
How to apply
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you select the correct scholarship reference number in the PhD application system. A list of required documents can be found on the 'how to apply' page.