||Doctoral Training Partnership Scholarships at UNNC and SARI, CAS
|Length of Scholarship
||Up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
||Faculty of Science and Engineering
||09 September 2023
||15 April 2023 China Standard Time (CST)
The available PhD scholarship cover
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipend (RMB3,500)
- Accommodation or accommodation allowance (depending on where the PhD candidate is based)
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PhD Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out teaching (after the completion of Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC since second year of their PhD programmes.
Available PhD topics
- CO2 capture and conversion
- Electrocatalytic reduction of CO2 in aqueous solutions under ambient conditions
- Electrofermentation: a novel technology to improve 1,3-propanediol biosynthesis
- Functional Covalent organic frameworks in energy storage and conversion systems
- The preparation of bifunctional catalysts and their application on the hydroisomerization of long-chain n-alkanes
- The preparation of highly active catalysts for propane dehydrogenation with CO2
For more details, please click 'Research areas & potential supervisors'.
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and a 1 year thesis pending period for full time PhDs. Full time PhDs are expected to submit their theses within a maximum of four years from initial registration.
PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), Shanghai Advanced Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences (SARI, CAS) and the University of Nottingham UK (UNUK).
On successful completion of the PhD, the students will be awarded a PhD degree from University of Nottingham. No reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree is accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the UK Quality Assurance Agency.
Applicants considering to apply for PhD Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of a PhD programme first. More details can be found on the 'entry requirements' page of the website.
Applicants must have a master degree with minimum average score of 65% and degree classification Merit or above from a British university. Applicants also should hold a bachelor degree at upper second class or above level. Applicants from institutions where different score system is used must have achieved an equivalent level of performance to the above.
Faculty of Science and Engineering also considers bachelor degree only holders with first class honours from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area.
IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
How to apply
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you select the correct scholarship reference number in the PhD application system. A list of required documents can be found on the 'how to apply' page.