||Doctoral Training Partnership Scholarships at UNNC and CNITECH, CAS
|Length of Scholarship
||Up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
||Faculty of Science and Engineering
||09 September 2023
||15 April 2023 China Standard Time (CST)
The available PhD scholarship cover
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipend (RMB3,500)
- Accommodation at CNITECH for PhD candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability)
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PhD Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out teaching (after the completion of Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC since second year of their PhD programmes.
Available PhD topics
- Design and preparation of bionic smart materials and their application in soft robots
- Design of Materials for CO2 capture and utilisation
- Detection and purification of targeted Extracellular vesicles via surface plasmon resonance
- Development of Highly Efficient Organic Photovoltaic Cells
- Development of Ionogel-Based Sensors for Underwater and Marine Sensing with Advanced Signal Processing Algorithms
- Effect of nutrient concentration on microbially influenced corrosion in coastal waters
- Multi-colour emissive luminescent nano/micromaterials: synthesis and biological relevant applications including labelling, detection, and imaging
- Sp2 Carbon Conjugated Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Frameworks for Water Treatment
- The Investigation of Surface Plasmon Resonance Based on Optical Fiber and Its Application in Biosensing
- The optimization and research of multi-component quantum dot material devices based on CuInS2/CuInSe2, focusing on the ligand and structure of photodiode devices and the optimization of the electron transport side
For more details, please click 'Research areas & potential supervisors'.
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and a 1 year thesis pending period for full time PhDs. Full time PhDs are expected to submit their theses within a maximum of four years from initial registration.
PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), Ningbo Institute of Industrial Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CNITECH, CAS) and the University of Nottingham UK (UNUK).
On successful completion of the PhD, the students will be awarded a PhD degree from University of Nottingham. No reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree is accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the UK Quality Assurance Agency.
Applicants considering to apply for PhD Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of a PhD programme first. More details can be found on the 'entry requirements' page of the website.
Applicants must have a master degree with minimum average score of 65% and degree classification Merit or above from a British university. Applicants also should hold a bachelor degree at upper second class or above level. Applicants from institutions where different score system is used must have achieved an equivalent level of performance to the above.
Faculty of Science and Engineering also considers bachelor degree only holders with first class honours from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area.
IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
How to apply
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you select the correct scholarship reference number in the PhD application system. A list of required documents can be found on the 'how to apply' page.