The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) offers a wide variety of scholarships to potential PhD students seeking to study at UNNC. In addition to faculty full scholarships, we also offer specific topical scholarships attached to our prestigious research institutes.
For more information: Please click here.
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions;
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area;
- More details can be found on the ‘entry requirements’ page of the website.
How to apply the Scholarships
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions@nottingham.edu.cn by specified closing date for the relevant scholarship. All documents must be in English. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following document (except for English language score) is incomplete and won’t be considered.
Please quote the scholarship reference number in your application form if you are applying for any scholarship.
- A completed application form
- A research proposal
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application
The scholarships are competitive and we advise you to apply as early as possible. It normally takes 5-6 weeks after the closing date for us to process your application.