Dr Saeid Pourroostaei Ardakani has joined the University of Nottingham Ningbo as an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in Computer Science since March 2019. His research plan focuses on the design and implementation of feedback systems for inter-disciplinary applications. He is highly interested in working on (big) sensory data collection/analysis for IoT systems.
Saeid has worked as an Assistant Professor in Computer Science, at Allamme Tabatabai University (ATU), 2015-2018. He has received the award of the best researcher of the faculty at ATU, 2018. Saeid has cooperated in several research/industrial projects especially on sensory system/network, e-health, affective computing and educational technology during the past years. He also worked as the head of ICT centre at ATU for two years, 2016-2018.
Dr Ardakani received his PhD in computer science from the University of Bath, UK, 2015. His PhD focused on data aggregation routing in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs). He also has experienced teaching at the computer science department and worked as a resident tutor in University of Bath, 2010-2015. Saeid is interested in utilizing educational technologies-mainly educational games and social networks in the classes.
Please contact Saeid by email(Saeid.Ardakani@nottigham.edu.cn), if you are interested in working with him on the related projects. Potential PhD/MA students are also welcome to email him with a copy of their CVs.
Dr. Ardakani has enough research and industrial experiences in the area of sensory systems including energy conservation, synchronization, routing, localization, and data manipulation. He is fully familiar with system simulation and analytical models–mainly OMNET++/OPNET and programming on real motes such as Respiratory pie, Arduino and TelosB. Saeid also has a solid record of inter-disciplinary research especially in e-health, affective computing and e-learning. He has enough experience in working with cognitive and behavioural HCI tools-mainly EEG and Eye-tracking.
Major research interests
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Sensory Systems
- Ad-hoc, Vehicular and Actor Networks
- Big Data Analysis
- Educational Technology
- Affective Computing
- Distributed and Parallel Computing/System
- Pourroostaei Ardakani et al., “HRTS: A Hierarchical Reactive Time Synchronization Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Book chapter in Ad hoc Networks, vol. 129, DOI:10.1007/978- 3-319-04105-6-4S.
Refereed Journal Paper
- Pourroostaei Ardakani, S., “A Cluster-based Routing Protocol for VANET”, International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks, vol. 10(2), ISSN: 0975-3834, DOI: 10.5121/ijwmn.2018.10204, 2018.
- Banihashem et al., “Learning Analytics: A Critical Literature Review”, Interdisciplinary Journal of Virtual Leaning in Medical Sciences, vol. 9(2), ISSN: 2476- 7271, DOI: 1 10.5812/ijvlms.63024, 2018.
- Pourroostaei Ardakani, S., “MSAS: an M-mental health care System for Automatic Stress detection”, Clinical Psychology Studies, vol. 7(28), ISSN-print: 2322-3189, ISSN-online: 2476-6410, DOI: 10.22054/jcps.2017.8156, 2018.
- Pourroostaei Ardakani, S., “Data Aggregation Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Taxonomy”, International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, vol. 9(2), ISSN: 0974-9322, DOI: 10.5121/ijcnc.2017.9207, 2017.
- Pourroostaei Ardakani et al., “A Mobile Agent Routing Protocol for Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, vol. 24(1), ISSN: 1572-8129, DOI: 10.1007/s10776-016-0327-y, 2017.
- Pourroostaei Ardakani et al., “CBA: a Cluster-Based client/server data Aggregation routing protocol”, Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 50(1), ISSN: 1570-8705, DOI: 10.1016/j.adhoc.2016.05.009, 2016.
- Pourroostaei Ardakani, S., “An Adaptive Game Design Model using the Fusion of Complementary Affective Signs”, ICCS, Tehran, Iran, 2017.
- Sharifi et al., “SKEW: An efficient Self Key Establishment protocol for Wireless sensor networks”, International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems (CTS’9), 18- 22nd May, Maryland, USA, pp. 250-257, 2009.
- Sharifi et al., “LAP: A Lightweight Authentication Protocol for smart dust wireless sensor networks”, International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems (CTS’9), 18-22nd May, Maryland, USA, pp. 258-265, 2009.
- Sharifi et al., “Improving availability of secure wireless sensor networks”, 4th International Conference on Sciences of Electronic, Technologies of Information and Telecommunications (SETIT’7), 25-28 March, Hammamet, Tunisia, pp. 101-106, 2007.
- Sharifi et al., “RAP: A Resource Aware Protocol for Key Distribution in Wireless Sensor Networks”, 4th Information Security and Cryptology Conference (ISCC’7), Tehran, IRAN, pp. 119-124, 2007.
- “VANET: A sensory platform for driver-less vehicles”, ATU, Tehran, IRAN, 2018.
- “Cloud Services: ATU trends”, Internationalization of Higher Education in Iran (IHEI), ATU, Tehran, 2017.
- “Programming on Sensors; form real TelosB nodes to simulations”, ICT Research Institute, Tehran, IRAN, 2016.
- “System Simulations”, ICT Research Institute, Tehran, IRAN, 2015.
- “Ambient Data Collection using Mobile Agents on Sensor Networks”, DemAAL, Summer School on Ambient Assisted Living, Chania, Crete, Greece, 2013.
Consulting, Research Reports
- IoT: A Promising Technology to Improve VANET Navigation, ATU, Tehran, Iran, 2017-2018.
- Wearable Sensors to provide Mobile Health Services, ATU, Iran, 2016-2017.
- Data Aggregation for Personalized IoT Services, ITRC, Tehran, Iran, 2015-2016.
- Research grants, ATU, Iran, 2015-2018.
- Iran’s National Elites Foundation Scholarship, Tehran, Iran,2015-2016.
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Faculty of Science, University of Bath, UK, 2010-2014.