Dr. Heshan Du is an assistant professor in the School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC). She holds BSc and PhD degrees from the University of Nottingham, where she studied under Dr. Natasha Alechina in the School of Computer Science and Prof. Mike Jackson in the Nottingham Geospatial Institute. Before joining UNNC, Heshan was a research fellow in the AI group led by Prof. Anthony Cohn at the University of Leeds.
- Mathematics for Computer Scientists
- Algorithms Correctness and Efficiency
Dr. Heshan Du has research interests in logic, artificial intelligence, geospatial information science, ontologies and semantic web.
- H. Du and N. Alechina, “Qualitative Spatial Logics for Buffered Geometries,” Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, vol. 56, pp. 693–745, 2016.
- H. Du, N. Alechina, M. Jackson, and G. Hart, “A Method for Matching Crowd-sourced and Authoritative Geospatial Data,” Transactions in GIS, 2016. doi:10.1111/tgis.12210.
- H. Du, V. Dimitrova, D. Magee, R. Stirling, G. Curioni, H. Reeves, B. Clarke, and A.G. Cohn, “An Ontology of Soil Properties and Processes,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), pp. 30–37, 2016.
- B. Bennett, H. Du, L. Gomez Alvarez, and A.G. Cohn, “Defining Relations: A General Incremental Approach with Spatial Temporal Case Studies”, in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (FOIS), pp. 23–36, 2016.
- H. Du, H. Nguyen, N. Alechina, B. Logan, M. Jackson, and J. Goodwin, “Using Qualitative Spatial Logic for Validating Crowd-Sourced Geospatial Data,” in Proceedings of the 29th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (the 27th Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence), pp. 3948–3953, 2015.
- H. Du, N. Alechina, G. Hart, and M. Jackson, “A Tool for Matching Crowd-sourced and Authoritative Geospatial Data,” in Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Military Communications and Information Systems, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- H. Du and N. Alechina, “A Logic of Part and Whole for Buffered Geometries,” in Proceedings of the 21st European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI), pp. 997–998, 2014.
- H. Du, N. Alechina, K. Stock, and M. Jackson, “The Logic of NEAR and FAR,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Spatial Information Theory (COSIT) (T. Tenbrink, J. G. Stell, A. Galton, and Z. Wood, eds.), vol. 8116 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 475–494, Springer, 2013.
- H. Du, N. Alechina, M. Jackson, and G. Hart, “Matching Formal and Informal Geospatial Ontologies,” in Proceedings of the 16th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science: Geographic Information Science at the Heart of Europe (D. Vandenbroucke, B. Bucher, and J. Crompvoets, eds.), Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, pp. 155–171, Springer, 2013.
- H. Du, S. Anand, N. Alechina, J. G. Morley, G. Hart, D. G. Leibovici, M. Jackson, and J. M. Ware, “Geospatial Information Integration for Authoritative and Crowd Sourced Road Vector Data,” Transactions in GIS, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 455–476, 2012.