Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) scholarships at UNNC and ACC
Length of Scholarship:
up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
16:00, 14 June 2019 (China Time)
We welcome top quality applications all year round. You are encouraged to apply for March, June or December but preferably September intake for induction purposes. To ensure you will be able to register on your intended date, please submit your application at least 2 months in advance. Students applying for the Faculty of Business, please click here.
The scholarships are competitive and we advise you to apply as early as possible. It normally takes 5-6 weeks after the closing date for us to process your application.
The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (RMB4,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching or research assistant duties at UNNC.
For potential supervisors, please refer to the link: https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/science-engineering/research-groups/composite/group-members.aspx
Available PhD research areas:
The above scholarships are to support research projects outlined under the following themes:
1. Conductive carbon fibre composites for aerospace application
2. Toughening of Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials
3. Investigation of Fire-retardant composites
4. Novel Thermoplastic composites
5. Composites logistics and supply chain management
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and submission is expected within 3 years for full-time students. PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), AVIC Composite Corporation Ltd (ACC) and the University of Nottingham UK (UNUK). On successful completion, students will be awarded the University of Nottingham PhD degree, and no reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree will be accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency
English Language Proficiency
||DTP Scholarship Programmes
||6.5(≥6.0 in all elements)
| PTE Academic
| TOEFL (IBT)
||87 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)
How to apply
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions@nottingham.edu.cn by 16:00 (China time) on the application deadline. All documents must be in English except the copy of Chinese national ID. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following documents is incomplete and will not be considered.
Click for document list
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal
- A brief CV
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application
Please quote the scholarship reference number in your application form if you are applying for this scholarship.