Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) Scholarships at UNNC and ACC
| Length of Scholarships:
||up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
| Closing Date:
|| 16:00pm, 15 May 2020 (China Time)
The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (RMB4,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching (after complete Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC since second year.
Available PhD research areas:
The above scholarships are to support research projects outlined under the following themes:
- Conductive carbon fibre composites for aerospace application
- Toughening of Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials
- Investigation of Fire-retardant composites
- Novel Thermoplastic composites
- Composites logistics and supply chain management
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and submission is expected within 3 years for full-time students. PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), AVIC Composite Corporation Ltd and the University of Nottingham UK (UNUK). On successful completion, students will be awarded the University of Nottingham PhD degree, and no reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree will be accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area. IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
- More details can be found on the ‘entry requirements’ page of the website.
How to apply
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you quote the scholarship reference number in your PhD application form. It normally takes 7-8 weeks for a final decision to be made after the closing date. List of required documents can be found on the ‘how to apply’ page.