PhD Scholarship in Green Chemicals and Technologies (2020 Entry)
| Length of Scholarships:
||up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression
||PhD Chemical Engineering
||Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
| Closing Date:
|| 15 May 2020
The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (RMB4,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy apply
In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching (after complete Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) training) or research assistant duties at UNNC from second year.
Available PhD research areas:
The above scholarship is to support research projects outlined under the following themes:
- Computer design and understanding of chemical reactions for pharmaceutical applications using quantum chemistry and artificial intelligence;
- Natural product extraction and synthesis.
Check Dr. Bencan Tang’s staff page for more information about the research
Informal inquiries are welcomed to be addressed to Dr. Bencan Tang (email@example.com), but formal applications should follow the instructions in ‘How to apply’ section. Please specify 2003GCT_BCT as scholarship reference code when submitting application.
Admissions requirements for the programme:
Students with chemistry, medicinal chemistry or chemical engineering background with good lab experience and strong interest in using computers to solve chemistry problems are encouraged to apply.
PhD programme structure
PhD programmes at the UNNC are composed of 3 years research and submission is expected within 3 years for full-time students. PhD supervision is undertaken jointly by academics from the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) and the University of Nottingham UK (UNUK). On successful completion, students will be awarded the University of Nottingham PhD degree, and no reference will be made on the degree certificate as to where the degree has been completed. The University of Nottingham PhD degree will be accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions.
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area. IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements) or its equivalent is required for Faculty of Science and Engineering (FoSE) scholarship applicants.
- More details can be found on the ‘entry requirements’ page of the website.
How to apply
No separate application is required for applying for a scholarship but please make sure you quote the scholarship reference number in your PhD application form. It normally takes 7-8 weeks for a final decision to be made after the closing date. List of required documents can be found on the ‘how to apply’ page.