The University will hold the International Conference on Sino-Foreign Universities on 18 October 2014. The conference aims to explore cross-border higher education, to summarize the experiences of Sino-Foreign universities, and to increase deeper international understanding of China's education reform.
The Conference is sponsored by the China Education Association for International Exchange, the China Association of Higher Education, the Zhejiang Provincial Education Department and the Ningbo Municipal Government. Experts in cross-border higher education and related fields are invited. The theme of the conference is "Improving quality assurance systems and developing high-calibre Sino-Foreign universities". It will identify problems in Sino-Foreign collaboration through theoretical exploration, and will analyze successful experiences of international cooperation in higher education in order to offer possible solutions to these problems.
The conference includes keynote speeches and discussions on the following topics:
- Policy Influences on the Development of Sino-Foreign Universities
- Achieving the Goal of Creating Well-rounded Students
- Standards for the Assessment of Quality of Teaching
- Models of Sino-Foreign Universities
- Differing Definitions of Higher Education and Their Significance to Sino-Foreign Cooperation
There will be more than 100 experts and representatives from universities at home and abroad.