Financial aid sourced by the government
In recent years, following the deployment of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council, the Ningbo municipal party committee and the municipal government have actively promoted the work of helping needy students. According to the current economic development and the situation of students' financial aids in Ningbo, a series of policy documents on funding students have been issued.
Funding standards: 5,500 RMB per year for students with extreme financial difficulties and 2,860 RMB per year for students with general fiancial difficulties.
* DCL will send the application details via email in October.
National Student Loan
There are mainly two types of student loans: national student loans and student loans from the place of origin. Students apply for loans from banks in support of university, which are used to make up for the shortage of tuition, accommodation and living expenses during the study period. The loans will be repaid in installments after graduation.
Loan standards: no more than 12,000-16.000 RMB per year
*DCL provides supporting documents for students who apply for national student loan.
Financial aid sourced by UNNC
The UNNC Student Financial Aid was established by the University to assist students who are experiencing financial difficulties because of a substantial change in their circumstances after admission to the University such as natural disasters, foreign currency exchange problems or other unexpected situations. Students may have the option to pay their tuition balance through instalments or late payment. Besides, there is also the Crisis Fund which aims to provide small, non-repayable grants to students to cover their basic expenditures for a short period of time. Financial Aid is discretionary and made on an individual basis.
Eligibility and Restrictions
- Applicants must be full-time UNNC registered students and are attending courses.
- Newly enrolled (first year of study) UG/PGT/PGR students are not eligible for Tuition Fee Instalment Plan or Late Payment Plan.
- Applicants must have no outstanding balance or fees and have not defaulted on instalment/late payment agreements made in previous academic year at UNNC.
- Applicants who are currently in financial debt to the University are not eligible for new applications if current instalment/late payment have not been settled.
- Regulation of semester and date information in this policy is set in accordance with the university academic calendar.
Types of Financial Aid
The university offers three types of Financial Aid to students:
1. Crisis Fund
A grant of 1500 RMB per month and no more than 3 months will be accepted at one application. No more than two applications will be approved within one academic year.
2. Tuition Fee Instalment Plan
Payment must be made in two instalments. 50% of tuition fee must be paid within 7 days of application approval (no later than the sixth teaching week of First Semester). The remaining balance must be paid before the university registration date of second semester.
3. Tuition Fee Late Payment Plan
20% of tuition fee must be paid within 7 days of application approval (no later than the sixth teaching week of First Semester). The remaining balance must be paid before sixth teaching week of First Semester.
- Any full-time UNNC registered student experiencing difficulties in making a payment of Tuition Fee may contact Financial Aid Team via Financial.Aid@nottingham.edu.cn for enquires.
- Applicants must submit clear and legible scanned documents or photocopies together with Application Form. Applications that do not have supporting documents are deemed incomplete and will not be processed.
- Assessments will be arranged by Financial Aid Team within 10 working days after receiving the application. In some instances, applicants may be asked to attend an interview in connection with their application and/or to provide further written information and documentary evidence.
- Applications are assessed according to the Policy prior to notifying the applicants of the results. Confirmation emails will be sent to applicants notifying them of application results and subsequent actions within 10 -15 working days of a successful submission.
- Applicants with any changes of status during the application must notify Financial Aid Team immediately.
- Financial Aid agreements will automatically become invalid when applicants fail to make payment by due dates.
How to apply?
Please go to Student Portal and find Student Service Card UNNC Student Financial Aid.
Students must submit application form and supporting materials online.
Assessments will be arranged by Financial Aid Team within about 10 working days of receiving an accurately completed online application. In some instances, you may be asked to attend an interview in connection with your application and/or to provide further written information and documentary evidence.
Results will be sent to students via Student Portal notifying you of the comments and subsequent actions.
For questions and advice about student financial aid, please email us at: Financial.Aid@nottingham.edu.cn.