Financial aid sourced by the government
In recent years, following the deployment of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council, the Ningbo municipal party committee and the municipal government have actively promoted the work of helping needy students. According to the current economic development and the situation of students' financial aids in Ningbo, a series of policy documents on funding students have been issued.
Students with family financial difficulties can apply for national Hardship to cover their living expenses during their study.
- Chinese UG students
- Students with financial difficulties.
Funding standards: 5,500 RMB per year for students with extreme financial difficulties and 2,860 RMB per year for students with general fiancial difficulties.
* DCL will send the application details via email in October.
Grant for Students from Xinjiang
This grant is designed to recognize students from Xinjiang Province who have achieved outstanding achievements academically as well as in extracurricular areas.
- Chinese UG students from Xinjiang Province in year2, year3 and year4.
- Students who are outstanding in their academic achievements, social practice, innovative ability, and comprehensive quality.
Funding standards: the amount varies every year
* DCL will send the application details via email in December.
National Student Loan
There are mainly two types of student loans: national student loans and student loans from the place of origin. Students apply for loans from banks in support of university, which are used to make up for the shortage of tuition, accommodation and living expenses during the study period. The loans will be repaid in installments after graduation.
- Chinese UG students.
- Students with family financial difficulties
Loan standards: no more than 8,000 RMB per year
*DCL provides supporting documents for students who apply for national student loan.
Financial aid sourced by UNNC
The UNNC Student Financial Aid was established by the University to students who are experiencing financial difficulties because of a substantial change in their circumstances afteradmission to the University. Aids are discretionary and made on an individual basis.
Tuition fees quoted by academic year, are payable on commencement of a program of study. However, certain circumstances such as natural disasters, foreign currency exchange problems, or other unexpected situations may give students an opportunity to pay their tuition through other means. Students may have the option to pay their tuition balance through instalments or late payment. Besides, there is Crisis Fund which aims to provide small, non-repayable grants to students to cover their basic expenditures for a temporary period.
Eligibility and Restrictions
- A full-time UNNC registered and attending a course student.
- Tuition Fee Payment Plan application is not eligible for newly enrolled UG/PGT/PGR students.
- Student has no outstanding balance or fees and has not defaulted on instalment/payment agreements made in previous academic year.
- Students who are currently in financial debt to the University would not be eligible for new application if current instalment/late payment agreement has not been settled.
- Crisis Fund aims to provide small, non-repayable grants to students to cover their basic expenditures for a temporary period.
- Tuition Fee Payment Plan supports students who suffer from ongoing severe financial difficulties because of substantial changes in their circumstances after admission to the University.
Types of Financial Aid
- A grant of 1500 RMB per month is allocated to students’ bank account. Applications of no more than 3 months will be accepted at once.
Tuition Fee Instalment Plan
- Payment need to be made in two instalments. 50% of tuition and full miscellaneous fees need to be paid within 7 days of application approval .The rest need to be paid before registration date of second semester.
Tuition Fee Late Payment Plan
- Students are able to choose appropriate solutions of late payment: late payment for one month /two months / three months.
- 20% of tuition and full miscellaneous fees need to be paid within 7 days of application approval .The rest need to be paid within one/two/three months of the semester registration date.
Fact sheets and forms
For questions and advice about student financial aid, please email us at: Financial.Aid@nottingham.edu.cn.