Visiting Research Student Scheme
The Centre for Sustainable Energy Technologies (CSET) invites applications by Ph.D. students to spend a period of time at the University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China in order to work on their thesis under the supervision of one of our members of staff. Visiting research students will join our Ph.D. programme and are generally expected to give an oral presentation to the Ph.D. colloquium as well as produce one written research paper during their stay.
The CSET offers:
- excellent research facilities
- expert supervision by one of our members of staff in the area of the student's project;
- participation in our weekly Ph.D. colloquium and staff seminar programme;
- individual workspace with a networked computer;
- free printing;
- generous allowance of free photocopying;
- access to the University library;
- access to telephone and FAX.
Preconditions for application:
- the applicant must be at least in her/his second year of doctoral studies;
- the applicant must demonstrate a sufficient level of English either through an IELTS test with an average score of 6.5 (min 5 in any element), a TOEFL test with a minimum score of 600 (paper based) or 250 (computer based), or through the proof of having studied in English at another University before coming to Nottingham;
- one of the two references must be by the student's first supervisor, confirming that the applicant is registered as a Ph.D. student at her/his home university.
Bench or tuition fees may be charged per rata depending on the time spent in the Centre.
Please apply by completing the attached form and send via e-mail to:
Miss May Liu
The attached file: Visiting research student schemeThe attached file: Visiting research student scheme