China Pathway Pre-sessional
(For UNUK Students Only)
Since 2018 Nottingham University Business School (UK) has offered its presessional students the option of taking their presessional course at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China.This China Pathway is exactly equivalent to the UK Business and Management in terms of content and outcomes, but is tailored specifically for Chinese students so that it acts as a bridge between Chinese undergraduate studies and a postgraduate degree in the Nottingham University Business School (UK). The course is designed in collaboration with the Nottingham University Business School (UK) and prepares students going on to postgraduate programmes in business and management. Please note that this course is only open to students who have conditional offers for Nottingham University Business School (UK) postgraduate degrees. For students with conditional offers to University of Nottingham Ningbo China Postgraduate degrees, please see HERE.
What you will learn
The main aims of the 8 week China Pathway Pre-sessional course is to:
- understand the difference between Chinese undergraduate and UK postgraduate education
- develop and improve your language skills in all areas so that you can meet the English language level required by Nottingham University Business School
- prepare for the kinds of tasks you will need to perform in your future academic studies
- increase your understanding of the departmental expectations
- prepare to work collaboratively with other students
- develop the confidence and study skills necessary to succeed in your academic studies
What you will do
You will be asked to do a series of tasks:
- Plan and write a library-based coursework assignment on a business topic
- Write short exam essays
- Read academic textbooks and articles
- Participate in seminar discussions
- Use the Business library for study and research
- Reflect on academic learning and writing processes
- Analyse and evaluate academic argument
View a sample timetable to get a better idea of the content of the course.
Exam and assessment
- Research and write an essay related to your area of study
- Give an oral presentation
| UK Academic course requirements|| China Pathway Pre-Sessional Entry Requirements |
|Overall 6.5, minimum 6.0 in each element
||Overall 6.0, minimum 5.5 (6.0 in Writing) in each element
China Pathway Presessional course timetable 2019
| Course|| Provisional Date||Application Deadline ||Hours|
||8th July 2019- 30 August
||Monday 17 June 2019
25 hours per week on average (200 hours in total)
China Pathway Pre-Sessional Fees
| Course length|| Tuition fee|| Books and materials||Total fee || Accommodation fee (optional)|
|| *1,300 RMB
|| 27,300 RMB
Note: The books fee and accommodation fee might change. The room type is subjected to the arrangement of UNNC logistic department.
How to apply
1.Please complete your application form HERE
2.Download the consent form HERE and signed.
3.Refer to the list below and send relevant materials to Geoffrey.Gao@nottingham.edu.cn
- scanned copy of conditional/unconditional offer
- scanned copy of IELTS certificate
- scanned copy of ID card/Passport
- scanned copy of the consent form
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Will I need to retake IELTS at the end of the course?
2.How do I progress to the UK, will I have time to get my visa?
At the end of this course, successful students will progress to their main academic programme.
Support will be provided by staff from the University of Nottingham UK’s Shanghai Office, to help students who successfully complete the course to process their offers and secure their visas in order to start their UK studies in time.
3.Do I need UKVI IELTS?
No, the programme can accept students who have taken either UKVI or non-UKVI IELTS
4.What is the deadline for applications?
5.Will you accept applications after this date?
We may consider applications on a case-by-case basis until the beginning of the course, depending on available places. Please contact us at this time
6.What is Ningbo like?
For UNNC Degree Applicants
If any enquiries, please contact:
Geoffrey Gao, Summer Zhang
Tel: +86 (0)574 8818 0000 ext.8651/8508