Dr. Yangyang Jiang completed her PhD at the Department of Marketing, Monash Business School, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. During her PhD candidature, Dr. Jiang was the recipient of the Australian Postgraduate Award, International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Donald Cochrane Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Dean’s Postgraduate Research Excellence Award, Postgraduate Publication Award and the ANZMAC 2016 Doctoral Colloquium Travel Award. She was the Three Minute Thesis Competition Finalist for the Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University. Her presentation has also been selected by the Monash University Library as an example for the Online Tutorial on Oral Presentations. Dr. Jiang was nominated by the Department of Marketing, Monash Business School, Monash University as the representative doctoral student at the prestigious 2018 AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium held in the UK, which “brings together the very best doctoral students from the best business schools worldwide”. Dr. Jiang did a Master’s Degree of Management Sciences in Marketing and a Bachelor’s Degree of Management Sciences in Marketing from Renmin University of China, Beijing. She was twice conferred the National Scholarship, the highest level of award granted by the Central Government of China.
Dr. Jiang is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Nottingham University Business School China, the University of Nottingham Ningbo China. Her research has been published in leading journals in tourism and hospitality marketing and management. Dr. Jiang serves as the academic article reviewer for several high category peer-reviewed journals and several reputable international conferences in marketing and tourism. She is the recipient of the Outstanding Researcher Supporting System of the Nottingham University Business School China. Dr. Jiang is a passionate educator with an outstanding record in lecturing, course coordination, workshop facilitation, corporate training and instructional design. She is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy UK.
As a successful cross-cultural communicator, Dr. Jiang’s English and Chinese language skills are both at the native-speaker’s level. She has engaged in various volunteering services and has rich experience in marketing practice. Apart from working for several multinational companies in marketing and management related functions, Dr. Jiang has worked for four Olympic Games as a Global Hospitality Program staff member of the Coca Cola Company. Dr. Jiang is also experienced in organizing academic conferences. She was an Organizing Committee member for the Fourth Joint Doctoral Colloquium in Management and Marketing held in Australia and the Secretary General for the International Marketing Forum held in Beijing, China.
Social Media Marketing
Marketing and Communication Information and Decision Making
Principles of Marketing
Applied Industry Research and Practice
Marketing and the International Consumer
- International Marketing
- Project Management
Dr. Yangyang Jiang’s research interests lie in customer experience management, consumer behaviour, services marketing, tourism and hospitality marketing and management, value co-creation, sharing economy, and sustainable development.
- Jiang, Yangyang (2019, forthcoming). A cognitive appraisal process of customer delight: The moderating effect of place identity. Journal of Travel Research (ABS-4; ABDC-A*; Impact factor: 6.331).
- Jiang, Yangyang, Balaji, M. S., & Jha, S. (2019). Together we tango: Value facilitation and customer participation in Airbnb. International Journal of Hospitality Management (ABDC-A*; ABS-3; Impact factor: 4.664), 82, 169-180.
- Jiang, Yangyang & Chen, C. (2019). Event attendance motives, host city evaluation, and behavioral intentions: An empirical study of Rio 2016. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management(ABS-3, ABDC-A, and Impact factor: 3.464), https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-06-2018-0501
- Balaji, M. S., Jiang, Yangyang, & Jha, S. (2019). Green hotel adoption: A personal choice or social pressure? International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (ABS-3; ABDC-A; Impact factor: 3.464), https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-09-2018-0742
- Jiang, Yangyang, Rao, Y., Balaji, M. S., & Xu, D. (2019, accepted). Travel Posts on WeChat Moments: A Model for eWOM Effectiveness. Tourism Analysis (ABDC-A, ABS2,RG Journal Impact: 0.56).
- Jiang, Yangyang, Ramkissoon, H., Mavondo, F., & Feng, S. (2017). Authenticity: The link between destination image and place attachment. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management (ABDC-A; ABS-1; SCImago Journal Rank Indicator: 1.556, Q1), 26(2), 105-124.
- Jiang, Yangyang, Ramkissoon, H., & Mavondo, F. (2016). Destination marketing and visitor experiences: The development of a conceptual framework. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management (ABDC-A; ABS-1; SCImago Journal Rank Indicator: 1.556, Q1), 25(6), 653-675.
- Jiang, Y. (2016). 3rd World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality and 1st USA-China Tourism Research Summit (conference report). Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research (ABDC: B), 27(4), 555–556. DOI: 10.1080/13032917.2016.1156859.
- Session Chair at 2019 AMA Summer Academic Conference, Chicago, IL, August 2019. Session topic: Customer Experience in the Sharing Economy.
- Presented at 2019 AMA Summer Academic Conference, Chicago, IL, August 2019.
- Presented at the EMAC 2019 Conference, Germany, May 2019.
- Presented at the Ninth International Conference on Tourism & Sustainable Development, Nepal, May 2018.
- Presented the doctoral research project at the International Young Scholars Zhuhai Forum, China, 2017.
- Selected to present the doctoral research project on behalf of Monash Business School at the University of Melbourne Doctoral Showcase Colloquium: High Impact Research - Tackling Important Problems in Management and Marketing (an Australia-wide colloquium), the University of Melbourne, Australia, 2016.
- Jiang, Y., Ramkissoon, H., & Feng, S. (2016). Authenticity and place attachment to natural tourism destinations: An experiential perspective. Paper presented at the 6th Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management Conference, Guangzhou, China.
- Presented the doctoral research project at the ANZMAC 2016 Doctoral Colloquium, New Zealand, 2016.
- Jiang, Y., & Ramkissoon, H. (2015). Destination marketing and visitor experiences: Their influence on positive word-of-mouth. Paper presented at the 3rd World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality and 1st USA-China Tourism Research Summit: Transforming Partnerships 2015, Orlando, USA.
Scholarship, Award, and Grants
- The Outstanding Researcher Supporting System, the Nottingham University Business School China.
- Australian Postgraduate Award, awarded by the Australian Government.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, awarded by the Australian Government.
- Donald Cochrane Postgraduate Research Scholarship, awarded by the Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University.
- Dean’s Postgraduate Research Excellence Award, awarded by the Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University.
- Postgraduate Publication Award, awarded by Monash University.
- ANZMAC 2016 Doctoral Colloquium Travel Award, awarded by Australia & New Zealand Marketing Academy. Up to four PhD students in Australia and New Zealand were selected annually.
- National Scholarship (Twice), awarded by the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China.
- Excellent Graduate of Beijing, awarded by Beijing Municipal Commission of Education.
- Excellent Graduate, awarded by Renmin University of China.
- Guanghua Education Scholarship, awarded by Renmin University of China.
- First-Class Academic Scholarship, awarded by Renmin University of China.
- Student of All-Round Excellence, awarded by Renmin University of China.
- Outstanding Student Leader, awarded by Renmin University of China.
- First Class Scholarship for Social Work and Voluntary Service, awarded by Renmin University of China.