Chee Wei (David) Phang is currently a Professor in the Business School of University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus (UNNC), China. Prior to joining UNNC, he was Professor in Information Systems in the School of Management of Fudan University. His research interests include mobile commerce, social media, and societal impact of IT. His works have appeared in top-tier journals including the Management Science, MIS Quarterly (MISQ), Information Systems Research (ISR), Journal of Marketing, Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), Journal of Association for Information Systems, and Communications of the ACM, among others. He is currently serving as Senior Editor for Electronic Commerce Research and Application (ECRA)，Associate Editor for Information & Management, and on the editorial review board of JAIS and IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. He has also been actively involving in international and regional conferences, serving as associate editor (2009-2011, 2013-2014, 2016, 2017) and conference committee member (poster session chair and webmaster, 2011) of ICIS, and track chair (2012-2015, 2017, 2018) of PACIS.
- Consumer Behavior and Analytics
* - corresponding author
- 1. Cheng Zhang, Chee Wei Phang*, Xueming Luo, Qngsheng Wu*. (2017). “Nonlinear effects of social connections and interactions on individual goal attainment and spending: Evidences from online gaming markets,” Journal of Marketing, 81(6), 132-155.
- 2. Xueming Luo, Bin Gu, Jie Zhang, and Chee Wei Phang*. (2016). “Expert blogs and consumer perceptions of competing brands,” MIS Quarterly, 41(2). 371-395
- 3. Peijian Song and Chee Wei Phang. (2016). “Promoting Continuance through Shaping Members’ Social Identity in Knowledge-based versus Support/Advocacy Virtual Communities,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 63(1).16-26.
- 4. Chee Wei Phang, Atreyi Kankanhalli, Bernard C. Y. Tan. (2015). ""What Motivates Contributors versus Lurkers? An Investigation of Online Feedback Forums," Information Systems Research, 26(4).773-792.
- 5. Cheng Zhang, Chee Wei Phang, Xiaohua Zeng, Ximeng Wang, Yunjie Xu, Yun Huang, and Noshir Contractor. (2015). Circadian rhythms in socializing propensity. PLoS ONE null.1-8.
- 6. Chee Wei Phang, Atreyi Kankanhalli, and Lihua Huang (2015). “Drivers of Quantity and Quality of Participation in Online Policy Deliberation Forums,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 31(3), pp. 172-212.
- 7. Xueming Luo, Michelle Andrew, Zheng Fang, and Chee Wei Phang. (2014). “How Distance and Time Drive Mobile Discounts,” Harvard Business Review, May 01, 2014.
- 8. Chuan-Hoo Tan, Juliana Sutanto, J., Chee Wei Phang*, and Anar Gasimov. (2014), “Using Personal Communication Technologies for Commercial Communications: A Cross-Country Investigation of Email and SMS,” Information Systems Research, 25(2), pp. 307-327.
- 9. Xueming Luo, Michelle Andrew, Zheng Fang, and Chee Wei Phang. (2014). “Mobile Targeting,” Management Science, 60(7), pp. 1738-1756.
- 10. Chee Wei Phang, Chenghong Zhang, and Juliana Sutanto. (2013). “The Influence of User Interaction and Participation in Social Media on the Consumption Intention of Niche Products,” Information & Management, 50(8), pp. 661-672.
- 11. Juliana Sutanto, Elia Palme, Chuan-Hoo Tan, and Chee Wei Phang*. (2013). “Addressing the Personalization-privacy Paradox: An Empirical Assessment from a Field Experiment on Smartphone Users,” MIS Quarterly, 37(4), pp. 1141-1164 (Recipient of INFORMS ISS Design Science Award 2013).
- 12. Chee Wei Phang, Juliana Sutanto, Chuan-Hoo Tan, Jan Ondrus. (2014). “Mobile Social Networking Application Viability: A Research Framework,” International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, 22(4), pp. 321-338.
- 13. Qiqi Jiang, Chuan-Hoo Tan, Chee Wei Phang, Juliana Sutanto, Kok-Kee Wei. (2013). “Understanding Internet Usage Pattern of China Users: The Application of Zipf's Law,” International Journal of Information Management, 33(5), pp. 752-763.
- 14. Chuan-Hoo Tan, Juliana Sutanto, and Chee Wei Phang*. (2012). “An Empirical Assessment of Second Life vis-à-vis Chatroom on Media Perceptual Assessment and Actual Task Performance,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 59(3), pp. 379-390.
- 15. Juliana Sutanto, Chuan-Hoo Tan, Boris Battistini, Chee Wei Phang. (2013) “Emergent Leadership in Virtual Collaboration Settings: A Social Network Analysis Approach,” Long Range Planning, 44 (5-6), pp. 421-439.
- 16. Chuan-Hoo Tan, Juliana Sutanto, Chee Wei Phang*. (2012) “An Empirical Assessment of Second Life vis-à-vis Chatroom on Media Perceptual Assessment and Actual Task Performance,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 59(3), pp. 379-390.
- 17. Juliana Sutanto, Chee Wei Phang*, Chuan-Hoo Tan, and Xianghua Lu (2011). “Dr. Jekyll vis-à-vis Mr. Hyde: Personality Variation between Virtual and Real Worlds,” Information & Management, 48(1), pp. 19-26.
- 18. Chee Wei Phang, Atreyi Kankanhalli, Karthik Ramakrishman, K.S. Raman. (2010). “Customers’ Preference of Online Store Visit Strategies: An Investigation of Demographic Variables,” European Journal of Information Systems, 19(3), pp. 344-358.
- 19. Anar Gasimov, Juliana Sutanto, Chuan-Hoo Tan, Chee Wei Phang. (2010). “Do the Means and the Source Matter? A Study on the Actual Usage of Digitally Disseminated Coupons,” AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction, 2(1), pp. 1-15.
- 20. Chee Wei Phang, Atreyi Kankanhalli, and Rajiv Sabherwal. (2009). “Usability and Sociability in Online Communities: A Comparative Study of Knowledge Seeking and Contribution,” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 10(10), pp. 721-747.
- 21. Chee Wei Phang, and Atreyi Kankanhalli. (2008). “A Framework of ICT Exploitation for E-Participation Initiatives”, Communications of the ACM, 51(12), pp. 128-132.
- 22. Chee Wei Phang, Atreyi Kankanhalli, and Caizuan Ang. (2008) "Investigating Organizational Learning in eGovernment Projects: A Multi-Theoretic Approach", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 17(2), pp. 99-123.
- 23. Chee Wei Phang, Juliana Sutanto, Atreyi Kankanhalli, Yan Li, Bernad C.Y. Tan, and Hock-Hai Teo. (2006). “Senior Citizens’ Acceptance of Information Systems: A Study in the Context of E-Government Services,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 53(4), pp. 555-569.