Dr Alain Chong is the Dean of Graduate School and Professor in Information Systems at Nottingham University Business School China (NUBS China). Alain received his computer science and e-commerce degrees from Coventry University, and his PhDs from University of Nottingham and Multimedia University. He was a postdoctoral fellow at Hong Kong Polytechnic University before joining NUBS China. Alain also worked as a software engineer in the United Kingdom and as an Associate Professor in Computer Science in Malaysia. Alain was named as 'The Outstanding Young Malaysian 2012', an award conferred by the Junior Chamber International. He was named one of the Most Cited Researchers based in China (from 2015 to 2018) by Elsevier Scopus database. He is a recipient of the Ningbo 3315 Individual Talent Scheme. To date, he has received more than RMB 2 million funding for various research projects (E.g. HK General Research Fund, Royal Society, National Natural Fund of China, Malaysia Fundamental Research Grant Scheme etc.).
He is currently the co-editor of Industrial Management & Data Systems, Senior Editor of Decision Support Systems and Associate Editor of Information & Management.
- UG Programme: The Digital Economy, Computers in Business
- PG Programme: E-business
- Executive Education: Data analytics, Data science
Awards and Recognitions
- Ten Outstanding Young Malaysian 2012
- Most Cited Scholar Based in China, 2015-2018, Elsevier
- Ningbo 3315 Individual Talent Scheme
My projects are mainly in the areas of information systems and operations management. I have several projects underway, many of which are in collaborations with my doctoral students.
1. Electronic word of mouth and social media
2. Digital transformation and business models innovation
3. Information systems acceptance
4. e-SCM integration
- Chong, A.Y.L., Lim, E., Hua, X., Zheng, S., Tan, C-W (Accepted), Business on Chain: A Comparative Case Study of Five Blockchain-Inspired Business Models, Journal of Association for Information Systems
- Kim, J., Chang, Y., Chong, A.Y.L., Park., M.Y. (Accepted), Do perceived use contexts influence usage behaviour? An instrument development of perceived use context, Information & Management
- Chong, A.Y.L., Lacka, E., Li, B., Chan, H.K. (Accepted), The role of Social Media in enhancing Guanxi and Perceived e-commerce institutional mechanisms effectiveness in online marketplace, Information & Management
- Nan, H., Dow, K.E., Chong, A.Y.L., Liu, L. (2018), Double Learning or Double Blinding -An investigation of vendor private information acquisition and consumer learning via online reviews”, Annals of Operations Research, 270 (1-2), pp. 213-234
- Chong, A.Y.L., Li, B., Ngai, EWT, Chng E., Lee, F. (2016), “Predicting online product sales via online reviews, sentiments, and promotion strategies: A big data architecture and neural network approach”, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 36(4), 358 – 383
- Bai, R., Wallace, S.W., Li, J., Chong, A.Y.L. (2014), “Stochastic Service Network Design with Rerouting”, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 60, 50-65
Full list of publications: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7pwsrLAAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao