A Turly Meaningful University Experience
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Summer School 2022
UNNC is delighted to offer two summer school courses in 2022.
Option A: STEM
Option B: Business Humanities and Social Sciences
Why spend your summer at UNNC?
Improve transferable skills
You will develop academic English, study techniques and presentation skills in the morning, and learn new subject knowledge in afternoon workshops from top academics.
Three weeks in an immersive English environment will make you more well-rounded and confident, and comfortable working across cultures, giving you a head start at university.
Guide your choices
Our University Admissions Series will help you make better decisions, and the projects allow students to sample different subjects, ensuring your choices are right for you.
Strengthen your application
You will receive official certification, and top performers also get awards with personalised letters of recommendation - and we'll teach you how best to use these in your application.
Make new friends
You will meet like-minded students from across China! We have planned lots of fun activities; sports tasters, movie night, a talent show...and more!
Our Summer School Courses
These classes are tailored towards preparing students with the academic English skills that will help them to be successful at university. Students will develop new reading strategies, learn how to give an excellent university presentation and improve the standard of their academic writing.
Take part in workshops and academic projects in different majors to enrich your application experience for overseas universities.
- STEM Projects
- Business Humanities and Social Sciences
A: This programme will give students a taste of a variety of STEM subjects through a series of fun workshops and activities. Work with your fellow students to build robots, explore the world of augmented reality and try your hand at building a drone!
B: This programme has been designed to open the door to a wide variety of university subjects. This will allow you to delve deeper into your passions, while exploring new potential interests and hobbies. Economics forms a strong component of this course, but if this is not your strength, don’t be scared – you will learn skills which are very important for any university student and young adult, such as budgeting and communication, while many of the workshops focus on soft, transferable skills such as teamwork and creativity.
Sports, Culture and Self-Study
In the evenings, we will help students to relax with optional sports, cultural events and other activities for a more rounded university experience, ensuring that their time at UNNC is as enjoyable as possible. Students can also access UNNC's world-class online resources to reflect on the day's classes and autonomously advance their learning from our library's dedicated self-study room, giving them a more authentic, comprehensive experience of university study.
University Admissions Series
Expert Guidance on Overseas University Application:
In these sessions, we will teach you to write a convincing application and personal statement, whether you intend to apply to overseas universities, UNNC, or other domestic universities.
Over 30% of UNNC graduates go on to study postgraduate degrees at top 10 universities worldwide; we know how to help you beat the competition and reach your dream university.
Morrisby: Helping students uncover their superpowers
Every student will be invited to take Morrisby’s aptitude assessment, which measures their academic, technical and practical aptitudes. These aptitude measurements are then used to create a bespoke 20-page report which indicates particular areas of study and work that best suit the student. Established in 1967, British schools use Morrisby to allow both the students and their parents to gain a better understanding of which degree and career path is right for them.
Week 1: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
• Immerse yourself in a new learning approach
• Gain basic knowledge of VR/AR technology
• Develop VR simulations with Unity3D® and AR interactivity with MergeCube®
Week 2: Electronic Circuits for Current and Future Engineering
• An introduction to the fundamentals of electronics technology
• Build simple electronic circuits independently
• Use semiconductor technology, including light intensity sensors and Arduino technology for wireless RF and Bluetooth connectivity
Week 3: Flight School for Drones
• Learn the theory behind the avionics which control a drone
• Build a drone from basic components
• Program a drone to follow a flight path or perform simple tasks and finally fly a drone independently
*Course content may be subject to change
Business Humanities and Social Sciences
Week 1: Creative Industries and Transmedia
• Think about the connection between stroytelling and transmedia.
• Enter the fascinating world of storytelling, tansmedia and technology.
• Use multiplatform to communicate across cultures.
Week 2: Finance
• Discover the the theoretical knowledge as well as industry-level practices and applications in real world.
• See the beauty of art in terms of business finance start-up.
• Learn advanced technique skills on data visualization and graphical display.
Week 3: Principles of Economics: Thinking like an Economist
• Study how fundamental principles of economics affect people's decisions.
• Investigate how economists view the world through economic models, the influence of policymakers, and the forces of supply and demand.
• Conduct simple yet insightful economic analysis of real-life examples.
*Course content may be subject to change
Click to download our brochure for more details
* If you can't download it, please contact email@example.com or add the WeChat below to get a brochure.
At the end of the course, all students will receive a certificate of completion from the University of Nottingham Ningbo China, to reward them for their hard work and progress over the three weeks. This can act as evidence of curiosity and commitment to study, which can be very useful when applying for university in the United Kingdom.
Sign up and Contact us
If this sounds like a great way to spend your summer, ask your parents to scan the QR code to apply for the UNNC Summer School 2022. This is a highly competitive programme, and all applicants will have to pass an interview with an international interviewer to secure a spot.
Dates: 18th July – 5th August, 2022
Capacity (per option) : 30 students
Fee: 29,800 RMB
Early-Bird Fee: 28,500 RMB
Application Deadline: 17th June, 2022
Early-Bird Deadline: 29th April, 2022
* All applicants must have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. If a student does not have recognised certification for English, UNNC will assess their level during the interview.
Wechat:UNNC Business Development