The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is delighted to announce that it has been awarded the status of Professional Development Qualification (PDQ) Center. This means that UNNC is now licensed by Cambridge International to deliver PDQs courses, and in fact is the first PDQ center in East Asia to be approved to deliver PDQs wholly online.
What are Cambridge PDQs?
Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications(Cambridge PDQs) are practical,convenient and impactful qualifications for ambitious teachers and educational leaders.UNNC is offering two Cambridge PDQ certificates:
- Teaching and Learning
- Educational Leadership
150 hours of learning
Each course consists of :
- Guided learning:live interactive sessions,discussion forums,and feedback
- Individual study and collaborative learning:reading,research and discussion
- School-based learning:applying new ideas in practice and reflecting on experience
From top academics
The curriculum is designed by the experts at Cambridge Assessment International Education and delivered by top academics from UNNC.
Over 4,8,or 24 months
Whether you want a short,intensive CPD programme to boost performance fase,or a long-term programme to improve staff retention,Cambridge PDQs can be the answer.
With 4 key targets!
We know that all shcools want four things from their CPD,and our cambridge PDQs are designed to maximise these benefits:
- All the necessary theory,with a focus on itractical implementation to improve staff performance
- Energise the workplace with collaboration between engaged,reflective and passionate teachers
- Create positve brand association with UNNC and Cambridge Assessment International Education
- Sign your teachers or leaders up to 24-month courses to maximise staff retention
- Recruit more staff by offering new employees a Cambridge PDQ
- Your staff will feel valued,engaged and happy to receive a globally-recognised qualification
- Candidates select a mentor from their school or institution, who will receive free training
- Each year,candidates and mentors will be invited to an annual PDQ day at UNNC with all alumni
- The mentorship system encourages continued collaboration and improvement beyond the course
- Choose from 4-month,8-month or 24-month schedules for the results you desire
- Your staff will study part-time and online, with classes arranged at times that suit you
- Course content can be tailared to your school's specific context,values and strategic goals
Bespoke Cohorts (10 or more candidates)
Dates:4-month,8-month or 24-month programmes
Price:12,000 RMB per candidate
To discuss bespoke cohorts for your school or institution,contact us:BDO@nottingham.edu.cn
There are also options for UNNC campus visits for your cohort,or an on-site introductory session at your school.
Public Course Information
Course dates: 11 October 2021- 29 April 2022
Twelve online classes at the following times:
Teaching and Learning：Wednesdays,19:00-20:00
All other work can be completed flexibly to fit your schedule.The final date to submit ePortfolios is 30 May.
Group price:12,000RMB（for groups of 3 or more enrolled on the same programme)
Deadline:24 Septmber 2021
Please scan the QR code below to pre-register.To check you are suitable for our courses and to answer any questions you may have about them,we will arrange for you to have a fifteen minute online consulation with the course leader.We look forward to your enrollment!
Pre-register for a PDQ
Frequently asked questions
*Please click on the questions below for answers
Who assesses candidates,and how?
The UNNC academic team will provide regular feedback throughout the course.
At the end of the programme,candidates must submit a protfilo of work to Cambridge Assessment International Education for final assessment.
What qualifications do I need?
To register for our Cambridge PDQs,there are just two simple requirements.All applicants must...
- be practicing teachers/educational managers(currently in a job)
- have English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent*
*If you do not have recognized certification for your English level,UNNC will provide a direct-entry written language test.
What impact will a PDQ have on my classroom/school?
The course encourages candidates to design learning activities/leadership plans specific to their own professional context.
- Candidates will develop their reflection skills to keep improving beyond the end of the course.
- The mentor system encourages collaborative learning which can make for a more supportive and dynamic workplace.
Can I do a PDQ anywhere else in China?
Yes,there are other PDQ centres in China but we are the only organisation in East Asia that is licenced to provide PDQs wholly online.What really sets us apart though is our fantastic delivery team:our current cohort got 100% distinctions in their final Cambridge marked assessment.
Is it diffcult?
Yes,this is a challenging programme that requires considerable reflection,reading and hard work.Candidates must be willing to study for approximately 6-8 hours per week for the duration of the course.Of course,the tutors will be there to provide 1-on-1support whenever needed.
Who will be the mentor?
Participants will need to identify an experienced member of staff at their school who can act as a mentor and who will receive guidance from Cambridge and your programme leader.It is important that you mentor is someone who you trust and with whom you have a good working relationship.
Sometimes our schedules change.What if someone misses a class?
Instead of attending the live class,candidates can watch the playback afterwards in their free time.Of course,it is preferable to attend the live class,but we understand that life sometimes gets in the way,so we try to make the PDQ flexible and accessible for everyone.
What certification will candidates receive?
At the end of the 7-month course,upon successful completion of an assessment,candidates will receive certification from both UNNC and Cambridge Assessment International Education.
The Cambridge PDQ certificate is the equivalent of RQF Level 4.
What else does UNNC offer for schools?
We also offer:
- MA International Higher Education
- PhD Education,PhD English Studies and EdD Professional Doctorate in Education
- Consultancy Programmes for International and Billigual Schools
Business Development Office
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China
+86(0)574 8818 0016