What is mentoring? 校友导师计划
Lifelong engagement leads to lifelong giving
Alumni mentoring programme is a flexible scheme that you can take part in from work or home, wherever in the world you are based. It's open to all Nottingham graduates and you can take part as a mentor. As a mentor, the scheme allows you to connect with current students to share your career experiences and expertise. And as a student mentee, we'll find the right mentor to help you hone your skills and progress in your career.
Mentoring develops via remote contact over the academic year, giving participants time to benefit from their mentor's professional experience and knowledge.
The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves
Reasons to become a mentor
- Develop your one-to-one mentoring and communication skills
- Enhance your CV with invaluable volunteering experience
- Reinforce your own knowledge of your sector
- Shape the future talent of the international job market
- Give back to the University community
- to have 1-3 mentees by September
- monthy mentoring sessions with your mentee, ensuring they are making progress (around 1 hour per month)
- ongoing support from the Alumni Relations Team
- Compulsory online training
- Mentoring preparation and feedback