Lee, Boon Giin
Computer Science / Faculty of Science and Engineering
PMB 447, Sir Peter Mansfield Building
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
199 Taikang East Road, Ningbo, 315100, China
+86 574 8818 0000 (ext 8048)
Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering
MSc in Electronic Engineering
Dr. Lee received his BA degree from Multimedia University, Malaysia; MA from Dongseo University, Korea; and Ph.D. from Pukyong National University, Korea. He worked in Changsung Ace Co. company as software engineer for a year in Seoul, Korea. After this, he served as Assistant Professor in Keimyung University, Korea for 6 years. He joined University of Nottingham Ningbo China in 2019. Dr. Lee research interests covered number of areas, including human-computer interaction, sensors application, and computer vision. You are welcome to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to work with him. He is consistently looking for potential Ph.D candidates.
Researcher ID: E-3330-2016
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=yxIc5GgAAAAJ&hl=en
Programming Teaching Experiences: C/C++, Matlab, Python, Java, JavaFX.
Others: FAI, WSN, DC
Internal Examination of PhD and MPhil degrees
First supervisor to MPhil degrees students:
- Viet-Cuong Tran: Smart Wearable Controlling System by Hand and Finger Gestures, Graduated in 2018.
- Teak-Wei Chong: Smart Wearable Sign Language Recognition System with Leap Motion, Graduated in 2019.
- Endang: Sleep Quality Monitoring and Alert System, Graduated in 2019.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Sign language recognition with sensors fusion method using deep learning.
- Smart wearable controller system.
- Emotion Recognition System
- Emotion recognition with computer vision and physiological signals.
- Ubiquitous Healthcare System
- Sleep apnea monitoring system to justify the sleep quality.
- Other related expertise areas
- AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, HCI, WSN, Computer Vision, Ubiquitous Healthcare Application, Intelligent Transportation System.
Awards / Patents
Teak-Wei Chong, Boon-Giin Lee, “American Sign Language Recognition Using Leap Motion Controller with Machine Learning Approach”, Sensors, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1-17, October 2018. (SCIE)
Boon-Giin Lee, Teak Wei Chong, Boon Leng Lee, Hee Joon Park, Yoon Nyun Kim, Beomjoon Kim, “Wearable Mobile-Based Emotional Response-Monitoring System for Drivers,” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 636-649, October 2017. (SCI).
Boon-Giin Lee, Wan-Young Chung, “Wearable Glove-Type Driver Stress Detection Using a Motion Sensor,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1835-1844, July 2017. (SCI).
Dae-Seok Lee, Teak-Wei Chong, Boon-Giin Lee, “Stress Events Detection of Driver by Wearable Glove System,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 194-204, November 2016. (SCIE).
Boon-Giin Lee, Boon-Leng Lee, and Wan-Young Chung, “Wristband-Type Driver Vigilance Monitoring System Using Smartwatch”, IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 5624-5633, June 2015. (SCIE).
Wan-Young Chung, Boon-Giin Lee, and Chi-Shian Yang, “3D Virtual World Viewer on Mobile Devices in Wireless Sensor Network Based RSSI Person Tracking System”, Sensor and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 35-42, 2009. (SCI)
Total SCI/SCI(E) Journal Paper: 21
Total Conference Proceeding Paper: 23
Funded projects / Research grants
- Granted Research Stipend, from Researcher Support Project (일반과제) supported by National Research Foundation of Korea Grant funded by the Korean Government. Duration: 2 years (March 2017 – February 2019).
- Granted Research Stipend, supported by Leaders in Industry/University Cooperation. Duration: 8 months (July 2016 – February 2017).
- Granted Research Stipend, from BISA, supported by Keimyung University. Duration 24 months (March 2016 – February 2018).
- Granted Research Funding, supported by National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF). Duration: 2.5 years (November 2014 – April 2017).