Professor in Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics, Machines and Drives)
Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Faculty of Science and Engineering
IAMET 228, Sir David and Lady Susan Greenaway Building
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
199 Taikang East Road, Ningbo, 315100, China
Ph.D., 2013, Information Engineering, University of Parma.
M.Sc., 2009, Electronic Engineering, University of Parma.
B.Sc., 2007, Electronic Engineering, University of Parma.
Prof. Buticchi’s research focuses on power electronics for renewable energy systems, smart transformer fed micro-grids and dc grids for the More Electric Aircraft. Prof. Buticchi is one of the advocates for DC distribution systems and multi-port power electronics onboard the more electric aircraft. A sizeable share of his research is also related to the improvement of the reliability for the power electronics systems.
From an industrial engagement perspective, Prof. Buticchi has been engaged in projects with Italian, German and Chinese companies, mostly related to the development of high-performance electric drive systems or highly efficient power electronics converter.
Prof. Buticchi has been heavily involved in European Projects related to the smart grids and the application of power electronics to provide services to the power systems. He is author/co-author of more than 210 scientific papers in peer reviewed Journals and Conferences and he has been actively contributing with tutorials and special sessions at the most relevant international meetings in Power Electronics.
Guest Professor (Vertretungsprofessur W2), University of Kiel, Germany. 2016-2017.
Senior researcher, University of Kiel, Germany. 2014-2017.
Post-doctoral researcher, Department of Information Engineering, University of Parma, Italy. 2013.
Visiting Ph.D. Student, Power Electronics and Machines Group (PEMC), The University of Nottingham, UK. 2012.
Senior Member IEEE, Industrial Electronics Society and Power Electronics Society.
Chair of the Technical Committee of Renewable Energy Systems of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Royal Aeronautical Society Member.
UK Chartered Engineer.
Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
Associate Editor of the IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society.
Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification.
Associate Editor of MDPI Electronics.
- H62PEP – EEEE2059, Practical Engineering Design Solutions and Project Development, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2018/2022.
- H62ECC – EEEE2056, Energy Conditioning and Control, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2019/2021.
- AREO2005, Control of Aerospace System, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2019/2020.
- H61AEE, Applied Electrical and Electronic Engineering: Construction Project, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2018/2020.
- H62EDQ Electrical Engineering Design Project, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2017/2018.
- H61PWE: Power Engineering, Second year of the Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2017/2018.
- H61ENA: Engineering Analysis, Second year of the Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Nottingham, Ningbo China, 2017/2019.
DC distribution systems and power electronics for the More Electric Aircraft. High performance electric drives.
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0470-3259
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=TK2YXYMAAAAJ
- Migliazza, G.; Buticchi, G. *; Lorenzani, E.; Cartagena, E.; Madonna, V.; Galea, M.; “DC Current Control for a Single-Stage Current Source Inverter in Motor Drive Application”, in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2020.
- Marquez, A.; Leon, J. I.; Hahn, F.; Gomez, R.; Buticchi, G. *; Vazquez, S.; Gerada, C.; Liserre, M.; Franquelo, L.; “Power Devices Aging Equalization of Interleaved DC/DC Boost Converters via Power Routing”, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics on Industrial Electronics.
- Liserre, M.; Buticchi, G.*; Leon, J.; Marquez Alcaide, A; Raveendran, V.; Ko, Y; Andresen, M; Monopoli, V; Franquelo, L G; "Power Routing: a New Paradigm for Maintenance Scheduling", in EEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, 2020.
- Buticchi G.; Bozhko, S.; Liserre, M.; Wheeler, P.; Al-Haddad, K.;, “On-board microgrids for the More Electric Aircraft – Technology Review”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 66, no. 7, pp. 5588-5599, July 2019.
- Buticchi G.; Costa, L.; Liserre, M..; “Multi-port DC/DC Converter for the Electrical Power Distribution System of the More Electric Aircraft”, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Volume 158, April 2019, Pages 387-402.
- Buticchi, G.; Barater, D.; Costa, L. F.; Liserre, M.; "A PV-Inspired Low-common mode Dual Active Bridge Converter for Aerospace Applications", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 10467-10477, Dec. 2018.
- Buticchi, G., Costa, L. F.; Barater, D.; Liserre, M.; Dominguez, E.; “A Quadruple Active Bridge Converter for the Storage Integration on the More Electric Aircraft”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 33, no. 9, pp. 8174-8186, Sept. 2018.