UNNC secures top research awards
UNNC has been awarded five high level research projects by the Chinese government. Three of the awards were made by the Ministry of Science and Technology and two by the Ministry of Education. The awards reflect the overall increase in high quality research output from the University.
The awards involve all three UNNC faculties and the enabled research will span diverse subjects such as energy efficient high speed trains to the effect of child behaviour on Chinese character processing abilities.
Chris Gerada, UNNC Vice-Provost for Research and Knowledge Exchange said that the government awards demonstrated the fruits of the University’sinvestments in facilities and top talent. “We are delighted that the relevant authorities have such confidence in our research at UNNC,” he said. “These awards demonstrate the success of our research capacity expansion and the first-class partnerships that UNNC has forged with industry and business in the region.”
The full list of award projects is here:
- The development and industrialisation of wide-band semiconductor motor controller (FOSE)
- Development and Engineering demonstration of novel efficient dust removal technologies in coal-fired power plant(FOSE)
- Development and project demonstration of large-scale coal-water slurry gasification(FOSE)
- How children develop their abilities to automatically process Chinese characters: a behavioural and Event-Related Potential Study (FHSS)
- The price impact of order book events and stock volatility on the Chinese market (FOB)
Posted on 6 July 2017