Fui-Theng LEOW (FT) has more than 10 years of teaching experience in High Education, served in INTI International University, Malaysia, from 2007 till 2015, as a senior lecturer in the area of multimedia computing. Her primary research areas focus on multimedia development and human-computer interaction, connectivism, networked and social learning, social media and digital society, instructional design and strategies, and human learning and performance. Her current research projects are related to redesigning the learning environment and developing pedagogical framework for technologies-enhanced learning and creative media. She has also published over 15 articles in refereed journals and conference proceedings. Personally, FT loves reading books and always excited about sharing knowledge and innovative ideas with others. She strongly believes that a teacher is not a giver of knowledge, but rather a friendly guide for the students.
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Computer in Business
- The Digital Economy
- Technology and Organisation
- Management Studies 2
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2016). Investigating the Key Attributes to Enhance Students’ Learning Experience in 21st Century Class Environment. E-Journal of e-Learning (EJEL), 14 (4), pp. 244‑256. Academic Conferences and Publishing International Limited.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2015). Students’ Perceptions towards Constructivist-Collaborative Learning Environment: New Skills and Knowledge. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences (AJBAS), 9 (25), pp. 111-117.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2015). Collaborative Learning with Web 2.0 Tools: Analysing Malaysian Students’ Perceptions and Peer Interaction. Educational Media International (EMI), 52 (4), pp. 308-327. Routledge.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2015). Redesigning the Collaborative Learning Environment: Students’ Perception and Their Communicative Practices. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 176 (2015), pp. 186 – 193. Elsevier Ltd.
- Leow, F.T., Neo, M. & Chang, Y. C. (2014). Study on Students’ Communication and Interaction in Collaborative Learning Processes with Web-based Social Tools. Jurnal Teknologi (Sciences & Engineering), 68 (2), 19–28.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2014). Interactive Multimedia Learning: Innovating Classroom Education in a Malaysian University. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology (TOJET), 13 (2), pp. 99-110.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2014). Redesigning the Classroom Environment to Enhance Students’ Collaborative Learning Activities. Chen, Kumar, Kinshuk, Huang (eds). Springer Lecture Notes in Educational Technology: Emerging Issues in Smart Learning.
- Neo, M., Leow, F.T. & Neo, T.K. (2011). Developing an interactive multimedia-mediated learning environment using Gagne's nine events of instruction in a Malaysian classroom. International Journal of Instructional Media (IJIM), 38(4).
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2016). Peer Interaction and Students' Perceptions Towards Constructivist-Collaborative Learning Environment: Motivation and Affective Factor. ICEL2016-Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on e- Learning: ICEl2016. Academic Conferences and publishing limited, 2016.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2015). Redesigning the Collaborative Learning Environment: Students’ Perception and Their Communicative Practices. Proceedings of International Educational Technology Conference (IETC 2014) (pp. 888-895).
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2013). Web-based Collaborative Learning: Students’ Feedback on the Communication and Interaction Processes. Proceedings of International Conference on Informatics and Creative Multimedia 2013 (ICICM 2013): 21st Century Living through Computing and Creativity.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2013). Web-based Collaborative Learning: An Innovate Classroom Teaching and Learning Strategy. Proceedings of International Conference on Teaching & Learning (ICTL 2013).
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2013). Students' Perceptions of a Constructivist Classroom: A Collaborative Learning Approach. Proceedings of International Council for Educational Media (ICEM 2013).
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2013). Assessing Collaboration in a Web-based Constructivist Learning Environment: A Malaysian Perspective. In H. Carter, M. Gosper and J. Hedberg (Eds.), Electric Dreams. Proceedings ASCILITE 2013 Sydney, (pp.503-513).
- Leow, F.T. (2011). Designing a Multimedia-mediated Student-centred Learning Environment (MMSLE) with Gagne’s 9 Events: Students’ Perceptions. Proceeding of International Conference on Life-Long Learning 2011 (ICLLL 2011): Transforming Nations through Enculturation of Lifelong Learning.
- Leow, F.T. (2009). Incorporating Gagne’s Instructional Design in a Multimedia-Mediated Student-Centered Learning Environment: The Impact on Students’ Academic Performance. Proceeding of 3rd Redesigning Pedagogy International Conference 2009: Design New Learning Context for a Globalizing World.
- Leow, F.T. (2009). Using Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction in a Multimedia-mediated Student Centred Learning Environment. Proceeding of 1st International Conference on Educational Research and Practice 2009: Enhancing Human Capital through Teacher Education.
- Leow, F.T. & Neo, M. (2009). Effect of Incorporating Gagne’s Nine Instructional Events in the Context of Multimedia-Mediated Student-Centred Learning: Study on the Diploma Student Academic Performance and Attitudinal Feedback. Proceeding of 2nd International Conference on Teaching and Learning 2009: Achieving Educational Excellence through Student-Centred Approach.
- Chew, R.S.Y. & Leow, F.T. (2008). A pilot test on perception of e-learning in a Malaysian university: an international students' perspective (Part I). Proceedings of LYICT 2008 Conference.
- Leow, F.T., Yee, Y.Y. & Loh, V. (2007). Multimedia Communications Embedded in an Interactive Educational Application as the Learning Medium. Proceeding of 1st International Conference on Teaching and Learning 2007.
Scholarships and Awards
- Best Paper Awards 2013, International Conference on Informatics and Creative Multimedia (ICICM)
- MyBrain15 PhD Scholarship, Ministry of Education (MOE), Malaysia
- Most Outstanding Student Award, Bachelor’s Degree, Coventry University, U.K.
- Graduation MnEBay Book Price Award